Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectLots of options but not much moves like "Proceed."
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12892022&mesg_id=12895355
12895355, Lots of options but not much moves like "Proceed."
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Sep-13-15 07:47 PM
I dunno, I just FEEL that shit. It's funny too because it was years between my hearing the song and seeing the video. It was very much as I imagined it would be, no frills. That shit just hits me, the way it flows, the way it captures Philly, the way it introduced the Roots crew to so many.

I fuck with Non-Phixion's "Rock Stars" hard for similar reasons. The video is goofier and more done up but somewhat similar, too. Another odd string of coincidence is that somewhere in my top ten is "Above the Clouds" (sample overlap between the songs). Really masterful philosophical flow from Guru. The beat is light on bass but heavy on pop. One of those songs that just makes the hairs on my neck stand up.

93 Til Infinity someone mentioned. I fuck with it, and a lot of Hiero stuff. The opening track from 3030 is prolly my favorite. A lotta shit off Third Eye Vision.

Stakes is High is definitely in my top 5, and apart from the title track the record has some others (itsoweezee, dog eat dog competition) that'd be in my top 100.

"The Meaning" by High & Mighty is way up there for me. Kind of the white version of proceed lol. Home Field Advantage is just a bad ass record.