Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI never liked dating. In my 20s I had LTRs with droughts in between
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12877901&mesg_id=12879412
12879412, I never liked dating. In my 20s I had LTRs with droughts in between
Posted by caramelapplebttms, Thu Aug-13-15 03:05 PM
Do you like dating?
Nope.

Did you ever like it, and are now tired of it?
I've always disliked dating.

Do you want to get married or settle down with someone or would you be happy being single forever?

I'm happier in good relationships. Last year was the first time I dated someone who was wrong for me for more than a month and it was draining. I'd rather be single than unhappy.

Is being in a relationship a priority to you?

For my timeline (married by 35) it maybe should be, but I'm way more into my community and career right now. Dating feels like a chore.

Do you feel pressured (by anyone including yourself) to settle down or to get married?
Naw.

Do you think your career gets in the way of dating?
Only because it's more enjoyable than dating.

Feel free to discuss (or vent) about anything regarding dating.

When I was in my 20s, someone told me that when it comes to marriage, women wait for the right person, men wait for the right time. My main complaint about dating is that I keep finding the "right time" dude, who talks about how ready he is to get married, usually because he messed it up with "the one" while in his 20s and his friends are married with kids.

The men I meet are way more pressed for a marriage-track relationship than I am and it takes the fun out of it. I'm still waiting on the "right one." Without that, the timing doesn't matter.