Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectJUST GETTING BACK FROM THE JANAZAH
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12874726&mesg_id=12877356
12877356, JUST GETTING BACK FROM THE JANAZAH
Posted by AbdulJaleel, Tue Aug-11-15 03:34 PM
I’m not one to write long message on the internet but I have to get this off my chest. First, thank you Christy for posting the Janaza Info, I thought it started at 2 but it ended at 2 and I got there as soon as people were walking out of the Masjid. I do appreciate you informing the community at large, and although I wasn’t able to give the brother his rights I am glad I made the sojourn to Brooklyn. Secondly, it was great to see all of the brothers show up for the brother Sean P’s janaza. I’m not one to just be all up in dudes faces but it was great to see his lyrical brothers in arms there for him. Everyone was shining, had their white on and really reflected the beauty of this religion. I haven’t purchased an album from the Boot Camp Click since the 90’s, and although I don’t really listen to music as much as I used to I feel compelled to support these brothers. They are men, fathers, leaders and most importantly my brothers in faith. I have A better sense of appreciation for them as a whole after today. Lastly, I saw my brother Malik B. I haven’t seen Malik since last Millennium and he knew right away who I was (thank you Facebook). Seeing him was a reaffirmation of faith for real, It was like 15 years apart had no effect on our relationship and I will always hold this brother close to my chest.

So yeah, I was late missed the Janaza, saw some of raps royalty out paying respects (no need to name names) and experienced a re-affirmation of faith. Although I missed the congagational prayer, I pray Allah izza wa jal accepts my intentions. YO, AND WHY IS MUSA HALAL CHINESE CLOSED?