Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectioknow. why I asked.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12861377&mesg_id=12862385
12862385, ioknow. why I asked.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Jul-24-15 05:56 AM
>do you think that 'negativity' has influenced blacks?

I think it probably has to. I think it's anything you constantly hear and see has to influence you some how. If I were raised in a home where Fox News was always on, I think it would somehow shape my views. If I was raised in a house where I was in church and listened to gospel music all the time, I think it would have to effect me.

That being said, my great debate is the extent of that influence. I think for people with counter-influence, that influence can be marginal.

I grew up on gangsta rap, but I love my momma, grandma, aunts and the other great women I grew up with so it didn't shape my opinion of women...that much (I think bitch is in my vocab probably because of my music choices.

So I think that's truth for most people who have counter-influences.

>
>if so, why do you think so? if not, why not?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're