Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectgood pediatricians are hard to find here/medication for hyper kids
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12852892&mesg_id=12852892
12852892, good pediatricians are hard to find here/medication for hyper kids
Posted by godleeluv, Tue Jul-14-15 10:49 AM

So I have just switched pediatricians and I'm having the same problem

They seem too busy, too in a rush. I hate when they ask me a question and before I answer they cut me off and ask me another question
never addressing my answer to the first question. I'm not trying to be prejudiced but both pediatricians were of Asian or Chinese descent. And I'm sure they are smart and all, but cutting off a concerned mother is just rude. I'm going to specifically look for someone not Asian or Chinese with a good referral from people I know and trust. My sons fathers family recommended this pediatrician but as I stated earlier, I'm not comfortable with him.

Before I go to my next topic, when I walked in and sat down with my son today in the waiting area of his doctor an old man came in and told the lady at the desk he needed a gun. This immediately made me clutch my pearls and prepare to exit. But the nurse asked why, and he said, some days it doesn't seem worth it to be here. Which I understood. But that poor guy.

Now on to my next topic. So I've been watching my son more and popping has pretty much ceased, and I realize that child is way too busy. I've dealt with it for three years and I am very anti medicine but it is getting to a point where I wonder if not giving him medicine is hurting him. He can not focus, which inhibits his ability to learn anything. And his mind is all over the place all the time. I can't think of any moment where he is focused on one thing, not when he eats, bathes, watches tv, sits on the pot, none of that. The only time he is at rest or settled is when he is asleep. I have observed other children and although they are busy too, they have times when they do focus. So I'm considering medicating my child but i will only do so when I can find doctor I can talk to and feel like he is listening, observing, and can give feedback.

That is all.

🙋
Music is almost everything.