Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: OKGamers: Your favorite game from each system you've owned?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12800079&mesg_id=12801697
12801697, RE: OKGamers: Your favorite game from each system you've owned?
Posted by will_5198, Mon May-11-15 12:11 PM
NES / Super Mario Bros. 3 -- It's truly the best game that system ever produced. Incredible graphics and pure, simple gameplay.

Game Boy / The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening -- I only ever had the original brick-sized, blurred screen portable, so this cartridge was far and away the most played.

SNES / Final Fantasy VI -- The greatest RPG ever from the greatest system ever. Super Mario Bros. 2: Yoshi's Island is a very, very close runner-up.

PlayStation / Metal Gear Solid -- A landmark that changed gaming for the worse (the "game as a movie" syndrome) but was a perfect experience for its time.

Saturn / Nights: Into Dreams -- The best game Yuji Naka and Sonic Team ever created, including every Sonic game before and after. Character design, music, and those boss fights remain amazing, and the gameplay is timeless.

Dreamcast / Marvel vs. Capcom 2 -- Even on the shitty DC pad, this one remains legendary and ridiculously fun. As a Marvel nerd and Capcom lover, the number of characters here was the stuff wet dreams were made of. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhADiaP5E

PlayStation 2 / Final Fantasy XII -- This came out damn near the death of the system, but that just means the graphics are remarkable and Square Enix had perfected all the other little stuff. Not as memorable story or character wise, but straight up the most fun FF to play. I spent more time on this title than any other in the series, and nine years later it remains the last *real* FF.

Gamecube / Resident Evil 4 -- The little cube didn't get much burn, but this is one exclusive (for a time) that made it all worth it. Every 15 minutes there's a sequence that would be the high point of every other game.

PlayStation 3 / BioShock -- At this point I had checked out of gaming for the most part, but the atmosphere and story drew me back to old times for a bit.