Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthis is tough, and my childhood memories aint perfect
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12800079&mesg_id=12800972
12800972, this is tough, and my childhood memories aint perfect
Posted by upUPNorth, Fri May-08-15 08:32 PM
i feel like i have to make special mentions for my racing games

NES (is hard, i was so young): Bucky O'Hare stuck with me, i feel like there was this TMNT side scroller i loved

Genesis: was that MJ Moonwalker game on this? I can't even remember, played the hell out of that cuz my family would like it. Whatever NHL year it was back then probably deserves a mention, i think EA's NHL 94. That's back before I gave up on hockey and the Toronto Maple Leafs.

SNES: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars

(glory years below...)

PS1: so tough. FF7 just is. Something kept me from finishing 8, then a friend borrowed it and never returned. and I enjoyed 9 a lot as well (fuck the haters lol). I don't have my copy of Metal Gear Solid anymore either, I need that.

N64: have to give a nod to how much I played World Driver Championship. Preferred it to the Gran Turismo series at the time. Then there was Conker's Bad Fur Day!

Dreamcast: Shenmue. Speed Devils for the racing nod. I miss this system. Virtua Tennis?

Xbox: So tough. What Live brought to some games back then affect my answer. OG Ghost Recon. Moto GP 2. Halo series throughout. Morrowind. Beyond Good and Evil.

360: Skyrim. Mass Effect. I want that revamped Prince of Persia back. Portal.

XONE: I'm playing Destiny lol

PCs: It's a fight between my nostalgia for og Starcraft: BW and the og Roller Coaster Tycoon with expansions. I only had a small window of PC gaming then, and it was always a top down sort of thing to me.