Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIts possible its a metaphor, but its not isolated to the bible.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12799578&mesg_id=12799649
12799649, Its possible its a metaphor, but its not isolated to the bible.
Posted by initiationofplato, Thu May-07-15 12:16 PM
There are many ancient accounts of "super human" strength, ability, and age. Look at the Pyramids for example, to this day, we have no idea how they were built, and the mainstream explanation has been debunked. We are clearly capable of a lot more than we know or give credit to. Aren't you interested or excited by the possibility that in your body, is the formula for super strength, long life, and limitless opportunity?

>Its virtually impossible that anybody has lived past 200
>years.
>And to live 200 years is an amazing feat.

I do not believe its impossible. I truly believe anything is possible, and that "possibility" or "impossibility" are mere arbitrary constructs. I believe everything we choose to believe or disbelieve has a physical consequence on our bodies.
>
>Bible time starts out very fuzzy and metaphorical for the
>early parts that predate written history.
>
>Ps there are still a few isolated places in the world where
>they live at a biblical pace and don't work 9 to 5 or pay
>taxes. Their life span is not double ours as one might
>expect.

A lot has changed on our planet. Our early ancestors did not eat as much meat as we did. They spent a lot more time outside, in tune with the rhythms of the planet itself. They ate much less overall, spent much less time sitting down, etc. Indigenous people were free from many common illnesses settlers introduced, etc. Much of the planet has been contaminated by pollution and industrial expansion. All of this has to be taken into account.