Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAgreed.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12797319&mesg_id=12799061
12799061, Agreed.
Posted by denny, Wed May-06-15 06:17 PM
I've thought on this some. In some ways....'white' people in north America have lost their identity. Too far removed from their heritage to relate to their ancestry. And nothing new that fills that gap other than a system of supremacy and exclusion.

I remember in the early 90's there was a significant skinhead problem in Toronto. My perception that in many cases....it was basically jealousy. Being surrounded by so much multicultural diversity.....white Canadians who had been here for multiple generations felt left out in a sense. Nothing to call their own. So these skinhead organizations popped up all over the place offering to fill that void for them. Of course, it was based on what they 'WERENT' moreso than what they were. They defined themselves relationally. There was not a skinhead problem in white communities.....only in or near areas that had diversity.

I can't prove it in any meaningful way....but the sense I got from the kids who became skinheads....they have THEIR food, their clothing, their music, their heritage events. What about me? And the absolute ridiculous results involved people who had descended from European countries later destroyed by nazis....pledging allegiance to nazism.