Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI feel Sick about this. It's Racist and Political.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12780500&mesg_id=12780558
12780558, I feel Sick about this. It's Racist and Political.
Posted by Case_One, Tue Apr-14-15 11:18 AM
On The Atlanta Public School Scandal

This is by far the most willful example of a miscarriage of justice in the name of seeking justice. So far teachers have been sentence from 1 yr, 2 yrs, 5 yrs (serve 1, 5 yrs probation, $1000 fine), 7 yrs and 20 yrs (serve 7). The DA is giving people 5 yrs probation and 1 year home confinement 7pm-7am (that's a trap). All of this is for teachers being involved with cheating practices on a state test that fails prove anything in the first place. This is the same testing platform that has to be revised constantly.

The D.A.'s office should be ashamed of this matter and its tactics in an effort to gain point with politicians. The DA never wanted justice, he just wanted retribution.

The Fulton County Superior Court Judge is taking this APS case personal. He's overly theatrical, disrespectful, and emotional. And I hope that he is thoroughly investigated after this is over. As I watch the live sentencing he is clearly displaying grave amount of hubris. The fact that he called the APS scandal "The sickest things that's ever happen to this town." is crazy and just plain wrong. This judge wanted people to accept a plea deal that waived their right to an appeal. WHAT! And the DA created the plea.

Yes, the teachers should be punished for their actions, but these sentences are crazy.
"And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful." ~ 2 Tim 2:4