Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMy parents are old school Arabs
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12777161&mesg_id=12777274
12777274, My parents are old school Arabs
Posted by Friscos Finest, Thu Apr-09-15 06:39 PM
They thought I was full of shit and just weak-minded.

A couple Christmases ago my dad took out the garbage after dinner and when he came back into the house, I told him he needed to wash his hands. He laughed me off until I threatened to go home. I think that was the point they realized this is real.

While they still don't completely understand it, they have been supportive.

My very close homies have seen me at my worst and have supported me 100%. When this whole thing began, I felt very ashamed and tried to keep it a secret. But quickly I realized that if I didn't tell my close circle of friends why I was being so flaky/weird/anxious that I was going to lose them.

One positive that has come out of this has been me finding out that my closest friends are genuinely the best people I know. They have been so accommodating to my needs and so supportive throughout all of this. I plan on taking my 3-4 closest friends and my brothers on a Summer trip to Vegas the thank them for their support and basically me being a pain in the ass for the last few years.