Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectTrue, but he said it for the wrong reason.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12766569&mesg_id=12767308
12767308, True, but he said it for the wrong reason.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Mon Mar-30-15 07:00 PM
Some people were saying he didn't deserve her on his record.
Man just let that mess slide.
He basically responded with "well she wasn't all that anyway"... which, in all honesty,
is kinda childish on the world stage platform... so it comes off like he's shitting on her
ONLY because somebody said he was undeserving.
HOWEVER, if you think about how talented T-Pain is and what he's accomplished, I
completely understand why he'd feel that way... he has the right.

I can appreciate that kind of honesty if I'm in the studio with him and he says something
like that, but seems like he would know better than to say that to the world with the kind
of fandom she accumulated posthumously... add that to the fact that she seemed to
be a decent person who died a pretty tragic death and you're really better off not
speaking on it at all... even tho I do understand him kinda feeling like "Do you know who
I am and what I've done?"

To be honest tho, I've always been surprised at the kind of status she was elevated to after
she passed, because I was there when she was alive, and she was just another R&B singer
during that time. She had joints I liked, but Timbo's production was the star of that show, imo...
because my favorite thing about all the Aaliyah songs I like is the production... unlike Missy whose creativity made even alotta average beats fun to listen to.