Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI never would say Pac was a bigger artist in the club, but it's close.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12760952&mesg_id=12764368
12764368, I never would say Pac was a bigger artist in the club, but it's close.
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Thu Mar-26-15 04:21 PM
Thing is, "California love" smashes ALL Biggie songs with a mixed/White crowd anywhere. "I get around" is classic, and definitely goes hard for most age groups.

I would agree that "Toss it up" is more Regional, same as "Can't c me"...but "How do you want it" gets more love outside CA than it does inside of it. "2 of Amerika's most wanted" seems to go hard everywhere. "Ambitionz of a ridah" works great with 30+ Down South crowds when it's a Regional/West Coast set...they played it much more than we do here at clubs.

And "All about u" still goes, CA and the South. On some early/late vibe, "Do 4 love" and "R u still down" still go.

Biggie had more anthems in the vein of what Jay has, but even then, neither of them really had like "ass shakers" like that.