Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectanyone got skills editing pdfs in acrobat pro? halp
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12737125&mesg_id=12737125
12737125, anyone got skills editing pdfs in acrobat pro? halp
Posted by dba_BAD, Thu Feb-26-15 07:10 PM
long ago in an office not so far away, i saved a complicated word doc as a pdf, and then used acrobat pro to add fields to make it a fillable form

i need to now update said form, no longer have the original word doc, and am using acrobat pro to edit the text and fields of the pdf

this as you may know is a finicky process, with fonts not matching, wonky behavior, what have you

i get it into a workable final, save it, and think i'm good, it looks fine in acrobat. but now when i open it in preview or print it, the new content i worked on isn't translating through properly. incidentally however, it looks fine opened in a web browser, but downloads into the wonky version. again, all my new stuff looks good to go in acrobat

i've done this basic procedure before without having this issue

any ideas?

is there some way to "lock" the new content to make it more firmly included in the saved document? iono i'm just hoping there's an easy fix

i am desperately trying to avoid recreating the word doc from scratch, it's a doozy.

thanks yall