Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI think MTF is different because of imposed societal gender...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12716879&mesg_id=12717509
12717509, I think MTF is different because of imposed societal gender...
Posted by ChuckNeal, Tue Feb-03-15 03:26 PM
inequalities that negatively impact women in favor of men. That's why my question was for women. I want to know whether the women that post here believe they're partly defined by their struggle. As a black man, I would say part of my experience on this earth has been defined by racial inequality (being called a nigger, as a kid, by adult white men, etc.). That's why I asked the question. Groups that are treated unfairly, tend to form stronger group solidarity/identities.

So your question isn't exactly an equal comparison, in my eyes. Although, I may be wrong. But I would say no. There are societal expectations of men, especially black men, that women don't experience (don't be a pussy, be tough, fuck tons of women, be able to fight, earn money, etc.). Being born into those expectations, and on the flip, being born into male privilege, I would assume, would make my experience different than a woman, born as a woman, living as woman for 5-6 decades, then becoming a man at 65. Does that ultimately matter? Probably not, he is who he is at this point and I would respect it. This is just a sociological/gender studies question. And I know how you post, and that you assume the worst in everyone that asks these types of questions, so I'm cool with a snarky response of you got it. But trust, no negativity here. Just a question.