Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHow much are you paying for the gym?!?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12705290&mesg_id=12705290
12705290, How much are you paying for the gym?!?
Posted by ThisIs_ATruthThang, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
So I really need to start getting healthy. My doctor says my cholesterol is high, and I'm starting to feel it. And I suffer from migraines and more than a few people say excersise helps reduce them. I'm not trying to lose weight really. I like how I look though I could smooth my tummy a bit. I think changing my eating is the biggest part of that I know.

But I'm struggling with finding a gym or a method of getting fit. I wanted to go to Equinox because I heard the facilities are amazing, and that they have great classes which makes me feel like I would feel great going. I currently hate the gym. But to sign up?!?! They wanted $700!!! Wtf?!?! $400 as an initiation? Nah pimp

I hate Planet Fitness and currently owe them money. Lol I need to settle that but I stopped going because there were too many thugs, divas, and fresh out the pen "personal trainers". And it smelled bad.

I'm now looking at NYSC even though I constantly hear it's a hookup spot for DL men. That might be to my advantage! Means they won't be looking at my struggling ass! Lol But I don't know the vibe I get from the ones Ive been in have been that it's a guys gym. I really want a place with good classes because I'm a beginner to this workout thing and I reall don't know what I'm doing/ going to do.

My max budget on this "getting fit" is $100 a month. It doesn't get much in this town I feel like...

What are you guys doing/paying?

Any suggestions?

Poll question: How much are you paying for the gym?!?

Poll result (29 votes)
$10-25 Planet Fitness/ Blink Price (10 votes)Vote
$35-50 Bally's/Gold's Gym (12 votes)Vote
$75-100 New York Sports Club/Health club (2 votes)Vote
$175+ Equinox/ Crossfit/ high end health club (1 votes)Vote
I pay for classes but not for use of a gym I.e Soul Cycle or kickboxing (1 votes)Vote
I workout at home or free with a friend using their membership (3 votes)Vote