Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthey are. and it is.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12705136&mesg_id=12705164
12705164, they are. and it is.
Posted by poetx, Thu Jan-22-15 12:57 AM
but as terrifying as it is, kids are also rewarding.

when we got back inside the house, and had kind of finished talking it out, i just gave my son a hug.

too much traps and pitfalls out here.

then the neighbor across the street came over later, who my son also trains -- they in the same grade, though.

and why this kid look EXACTLY like the son on Black-ish. i just noticed it today, and dude (his dad is puerto rican, mother is white) was asking all kinds of naive assed questions about if the kids that got caught at the park are going to jail and whatnot. and is the stuff on Beyond Scared Straight really real? (i told him i saw the original and he was like, there's another one?)

it'd be funny(er) if we weren't talking about real ish.

i explained that some of the kids in scared straight come from backgrounds that are as bad if not worse than prison. then i threw in a subliminal about how where we live is so NOT the hood and how its ludicrous for anybody w/ this kind of background to try and test someone for whom that shit is reality. (jj had an issue w/ that several years back and i embarrassed the fk out of him but made it clear that there really wont no hood in him).

"on the real tip let's take a field trip to the ghetto" (c) sadat x

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad