Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectso the ACTUAL DETECTIVE is standing in the street, outside
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12705136&mesg_id=12705157
12705157, so the ACTUAL DETECTIVE is standing in the street, outside
Posted by poetx, Thu Jan-22-15 12:37 AM
my car door, in front of the crib, for at least 15 minutes, telling me ALL his business.

shit is weird.

but he tells me that he and his partner were remarking about how polite and respectful my son was, and that they knew he was an athlete, and also that they quickly determined (after talking to him about what he knew) that he had nothing to do with it and it was wrong place + wrong time.

but they been watching dan for a minute. they receive all kindsa calls about dan and that house. and that the kids that be smoking and selling (and generally don't play sports, btw) be going over there (same shit my wife and i noticed).

and also that when they've busted kids they've flipped on him. (b/c, of course, they kids).

the cop is like, we know he selling weed, but we're more concerned about pills, and now some worse stuff is starting to move into (name of city).

dude tells me that they actually had enough dirt on dude to bring a team and kick his door in over the last month, and one of the only things stopping him is that the cop has a young child and he's weighing the impact on that family vs. the impact of the families in teh rest of the neighborhood.

me and my wife in the front seat, and my son in the back.

all of this shit too close to home, mind you, b/c my youngest 3 are adopted, and we got them through foster care, and in particular, my youngest son and his biological sister were caught up in the system via a drug raid. about 12 yrs ago.

i'm thinking of them kids ending up in DFS or whatever. but still, dude is fucking up. the cop proceeds to tell me how dan lost his job (knew that) for stealing and dumb shit. and how he got his old phone so he knows for CERTAIN that he was selling pills and other shit in addition to weed.

we have a sidebar b/c they were saying they were tripping off why my son knew they were cops and i explained:

- *I* ain't grow up around here
- i been stopped on some 'black man about your height w/ facial hair' bullshit in the md/dc area where that phrase fits about 2 million people
- the detective was mad sincere and said he actually trains officers and that he don't go for that profiling and whatnot, but he understands why i would teach my son how to spot folks and how to act, and that it was the fact that he went to dude's house that put him on the radar and, again, that they quickly determined he was cool
- and once they saw him go to his waistband (again, heart flutters), they figured it was nothing but had to ask when they rolled up, for safety's sake

again, dude seemed hella sincere, so i took him at his word. he even went over after the convo to tell my neighbor (who was watching like wtf?) that my son had done nothing wrong and they were watching someone up the street.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad