Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject^^^
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12691652&mesg_id=12693560
12693560, ^^^
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Jan-08-15 01:38 PM
I still think both parties are in the wrong.

I really think that in the US we would consider those images as hate speech though, and they come across that way to me due to the gross ethnic caricature of arabs/semitic people.

I don't think the actions of the attackers were justified at all. If anything they should respond with their own degenerate cartoons. Maybe a bunch of frogs and snails being crushed by German tanks or something.

I think the paper should have had zero employees in that building and had been wiser about their plan of distributing that magazine.

The only reason I spoke to the conviction of the attackers is because they didn't hide behind bombs-- they showed up in person which makes this somewhat unique as far as these acts go (outside of Israel anyway).

If they were defending the lives of people in their group I would be more understanding, but that is not the case, so I can't condone their actions, but I can wish that black folks had a similar conviction when it came to protecting the lives of other black people.

Take that as you will.