Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectExactly...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12665837&mesg_id=12682882
12682882, Exactly...
Posted by Sarah_Bellum, Tue Dec-23-14 01:42 AM
If anything it reminds me of how Hae's humanity was on the back burner for the whole podcast. At this point she's more like a plot device than a teenage girl who lived or breathed with a whole life ahead of her. If Konig really brought it home that Hae was a living, breathing person cut down on her way from high school then SNL wouldn't have been making jokes about the podcast because it would be too off color. Like, a child was killed! Who does that?
Although I know the podcast was supposed to be about Adnan and was he guilty or not..... and if there is too much sympathy for Hae it will color listener's opinions of his guilt but something still doesn't sit right with me it. Innocence projects are needed for sure and there are lots of innocent people sitting in jail. I think there is a balance between those two places and konig never found it with this case.

I've heard a lot of critic about the racial elements of the show, Konig.. a white women in this black community, talking about immigrants as an outsider with her cultural biases and I never agreed with it....but the one thing I will say is if Hae were a white child I think there would have been more done in the podcast to make sure she didn't get lost in all the, who done it entertainment for sure.

I may be biased though because I'm 85% sure Adnan had Hae killed by a hitman.

DJTB YOMM