Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI started point by point but then went on and thought i covered em
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12557358&mesg_id=12558015
12558015, I started point by point but then went on and thought i covered em
Posted by imcvspl, Tue Aug-26-14 01:08 PM
but sure.

>>How are their Christmas gifts tied to police brutality?

The families of those victimized by police brutality and all of the violence in our community will not be able to buy gifts this season because of their losses. The act is in solidarity with them, knowing that it could be any of us.

>>How does a boycott of retailers affect policing change?

Politicians respond to the economy. By affecting the economy we can force their hand to affect policy changes.

>>What do I tell my children about why they won't get
>Christmas
>>gifts this year?

Don't tell them they won't be getting christmas gifts this year, but that for our community we are going to be celebrating our gift giving two months later. You can then continue to talk to them about what they want and ensure them that they can still have that but it will be happening later. Depending upon their age you can go into more details about the why. But let them know that it's not just them but the whole of our community doing this and do so early so that they can know that their desires will still be met.

>>How does me canceling Christmas save the lives of my
>children
>>more on that day or any other day?

Because those are the days that the economy is most critically monitored, and as such the time to make the biggest statement which politicians will here. There is a concise message which we will be sending and if we can all come together to support that, 2015 can be the year that we see legislation in place which protects our kids from this type of violence.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."