Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHaven't ventured into manga yet
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12505355&mesg_id=12505428
12505428, Haven't ventured into manga yet
Posted by MiracleRic, Thu Jul-10-14 10:12 AM
I'll list my favs and the ones I'm watching

Rurouni Kenshin - my personal fav...perfect balance of plot, humor, characters to me and avoids a lot of the things about anime that turns people off

Naruto - most of the story arcs have been really good...love the span of time it goes through...really starting to get annoyed with some of the flashbacks...especially since it often feels the flashbacks get repetitive and come right in the middle of climax to reveal some backstory i already guessed, knew, or plain ol dont give a shit about...but the story itself is pretty great

Pscyho Pass - was heady, trippy, but cool

Hunter x Hunter - most recent arc was starting to really annoy me and it sometimes suffers from the shit that bothers me about anime from time to time...sometimes these eps really really really try to drag out a story arc that doesn't need to be dragged out...i'm so glad the Chimera ant arc is pretty much over...i can't see straight...series also started out mad slow...and then picked up severely and hadn't hit a lull until this last arc

Attack on Titan - gruesome, dark, cool, fun...really cool premise/concept and the art and movement is really dope to watch

Black Bullet - so far so good...can't say anything that really stands out about it yet...but it's drawn me in a lil bit...moves really fast too...that's always a plus

Strike the Blood - kinda upset they didn't keep releasing eps...the ending was really promising...weird premise but plots/characters were good enough to keep me invested

Durarara - really liked this show...wish they had kept the eps going...not sure what it was about this show but i really liked the way it developed and the story-telling in it

Kill la Kill - usually not the type of show i like but it was worth watching and it's not that long of a single season series so it's a fun binge watch

Hakuoki Reimeiroku - wanted to like this series but this and the other ones (prequel/sequel) series never quite delivered...liked the characters but they never really did much more than scratch the surface...the plot was very meh too but the artwork was pretty easy on the eyes

Hamatora - cool concept...not executed all that well...but i want to see how this next season develops

i'll post up some more later