Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectsuccess has nothing to do with skin color. never has never will.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12444325&mesg_id=12444793
12444793, success has nothing to do with skin color. never has never will.
Posted by avionix, Mon May-12-14 01:39 PM
all people of all colors would do well to put away this lie. it was created to foster disunity in the people. same as the perceived differences between people of various faiths and politics.

success of any type starts with positivity, unity, and creativity. all the stuff that people champion for their races.

if we simply stop giving credence to the thought that skin color affects our outcomes, our goals and standards will be set higher and our minds will grow stronger. that alone is really the secret to our success and what will really get us to overcome racism and inequality.

how to come up in three easy steps:

step 1 - stop giving power to the idea that your power is limited.

step 2 - help others first with your limitless power and energy.

step 3 - when help comes back to you, in any form, use it to meet your needs and give away the excess. the cycle continues.

the construct and aftermath of racism in America has many black minds stuck in step 1. when enough people believe something is true, it becomes so. we have to get off that and move forward...

...but when we did move on to step 2, society began killing-off our leaders and letting our reclaimed power structures collapse through apathy. so what does that look like on our end? go back 2 spaces, negro.

now on the contrary, many successful white people seem to not understand step 3 at all. not all of them (of course) but many for decades received the assistance necessary to lead productive lives in America. this came to them without struggle and without the need to prove their worthiness (something people of color are routinely up against).

that this privilege is so hotly debated these days is proof that many still do not want to truly discuss racism and what it does to a society.

it's a cancer that must be rooted out the body. that change must happen in the hearts and minds of everyone who gives the power of belief to the concept that skin color makes human beings different people. when we stop believing this, it stops being true.

we must recognize American society gives people of different skin colors different experiences. that's a strike against what our society has become, not a confirmation that something is wrong with my skin, my mind, my beliefs or my goodness i wrote a lot here...