Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectThe Strain - Sunday Nights FX - estas listo?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=86607
86607, The Strain - Sunday Nights FX - estas listo?
Posted by Ceej, Fri Jul-11-14 02:59 PM
Guillermo del Toro

Carlton Cuse

FX

I think Rudy shows up too.

Should be awesome.
86608, I'll check it out
Posted by Paps_Smear, Sun Jul-13-14 08:52 PM
Picked up the book not that long ago I'll peep it tonight. Hope it lives up to the hype.
86609, I dug it. good suspense. interesting take/look on old lore
Posted by astralblak, Tue Jul-15-14 11:42 AM
The head smash was crazy!

The wife and the side piece doctor broad were so damn cliché

But other than that I'm in
86610, they did a pretty good job with the casting imo.
Posted by Nopayne, Mon Jul-14-14 09:29 AM
Most of the characters are looking exactly how I imagined.
86611, This was not their best effort
Posted by Dae021, Mon Jul-14-14 10:05 AM
- The direction and acting was a little slap sticky at times. Its not Del Toro's finest moment since he directed this one.

- Corey Stoll's wig is laughably bad. Its not good and unnecessary the character of Ephraim Goodweather would be perfect without the hair. This is a bad look. He and Nora have absolutely NO chemistry. Its just a bad situation. This pilot was an hour and 40 minutes and I felt like ALL of these people, this was their first time working together. NOT GOOD.

- Sean Astin's character was just strange to me.

- Gus was a cliche of gangster that I wasn't even sure that's what he was like in the book. I had to go and re-read and I'm not sure if that's just not what I expected or not good. I don't know.

- Setrikian was the truest to the book and probably the best.

- I'm not sure if the atmosphere is off, or what. I'm in for the long haul, because I need to see what becomes of Kelly but damn I'm not really loving this so far.

- That head smash was crucial doe.

86612, RE: This was not their best effort
Posted by SankofaII, Wed Jul-16-14 03:14 AM
>- The direction and acting was a little slap sticky at times.
>Its not Del Toro's finest moment since he directed this one.

it was shitty as hell...

>
>- Corey Stoll's wig is laughably bad. Its not good and
>unnecessary the character of Ephraim Goodweather would be
>perfect without the hair. This is a bad look. He and Nora have
>absolutely NO chemistry. Its just a bad situation. This pilot
>was an hour and 40 minutes and I felt like ALL of these
>people, this was their first time working together. NOT GOOD.

let's be specific...he has no chemistry WITH ANYONE on the show: Not Maestro, not the woman who plays his wife, not Astin, etc. not anyone. I don't know if folk were cast and didn't get time to meet each other or what...but it's painful as hell to watch.

and the pilot was 40 minutes TOO FUCKING LONG. Shit needed to be an hour. TOPS. If that.

>
>- Sean Astin's character was just strange to me.

yea. I struggled to see his purpose in all this. Though it's pretty clear he had ulterior motives...his character was so random and odd.

>
>- Gus was a cliche of gangster that I wasn't even sure that's
>what he was like in the book. I had to go and re-read and I'm
>not sure if that's just not what I expected or not good. I
>don't know.
>

Another weird characters..

>- Setrikian was the truest to the book and probably the best.

Agreed.
>
>- I'm not sure if the atmosphere is off, or what. I'm in for
>the long haul, because I need to see what becomes of Kelly but
>damn I'm not really loving this so far.
>
>- That head smash was crucial doe.
>
>

the head smash was the *BEST* damn thing in the whole show.

But, I have to agree with critics who, across the board have been saying about the show, that Del Toro's best work is either stuff that's personal to him or any and everything he does in Spanish, because his American stuff to date has never been outstanding.

Y'all can post up Pacific Rim but we all had issues with that.

It's like The Strain is the worst of what you see on broadcast tv (shitty writing, thin characters, horrendous plot holes, bland locations and visuals, etc.), placed on a prestige cable network. clearly the only folk who are stanning for this are fans of Del Toro and fans of the books. I doubt non fans are watching this to be honest...

I'm in it for the long haul because I stan for all of the actors cast...but overall? I watched this twice and am not remotely impressed at all.

like, the special effects/visuals were off, it was a mess...

As for the writing: Carlton Cuse is Executive Producing this, with Del Toro and Strain author Del Toro writing also. I hope it improves but I suspect it won't...
86613, I was trying to be nice because it was the pilot but man it won't good
Posted by Dae021, Wed Jul-16-14 10:19 AM
I'm surprised that Stoll had not chemistry because as Peter (house of cards) he was really good with his gf. This is just off, like i'm supposed to believe that Nora is his love interest? Like she's the side piece and i'm supposed to really believe this dude is so incredibly attracted to her? Naw don't get it.

The blood worms are great, and I think we're going to see more effects.

The Sweet Caroline scene was great, but as we see the vampires mature we might see some better effects.

I feel like it it'll get better.
86614, RE: I was trying to be nice because it was the pilot but man it won't good
Posted by SankofaII, Wed Jul-16-14 01:50 PM
>I'm surprised that Stoll had not chemistry because as Peter
>(house of cards) he was really good with his gf. This is just
>off, like i'm supposed to believe that Nora is his love
>interest? Like she's the side piece and i'm supposed to really
>believe this dude is so incredibly attracted to her? Naw don't
>get it.

even more than that, like why would Nora even be remotely interested in him? Eph is such an asshole who's a control freak to the hilt. I didn't buy Nora and Eph at all.

I just felt that Eph as a character can be unlikeable but when it's cheesy unlikeable, PASS.

>The blood worms are great, and I think we're going to see more
>effects.

yea those were fantastic.

>The Sweet Caroline scene was great, but as we see the vampires
>mature we might see some better effects.
>
>I feel like it it'll get better.

I hope so. But, if what we get for these next twelve episodes is versions of the pilot? Man, I'll pass....
86615, Agreed with everything u said. Personally HATE the casting n/m
Posted by Scarface_7, Wed Jul-23-14 09:47 AM
86616, Another show where the wife is the worst!
Posted by SammyJankis, Mon Jul-14-14 10:25 AM
So she gonna divorce dude because he is important and has a successful career?!

(OK that's not all I got from this show but that's what I feel like ranting about)

So dude is a doctor, a CDC doctor, he literally saves millions of lives daily. OK yea he's busy but come on lady?!

He's obviously a good dad, he was willing to work it out with his wife, their son seems to be well rounded and not resentful of the mom. And she on some well you're not around more. Bitch I'm out there saving the world and you want to do what sit on the couch and watch Girls together?!

Oh and to mention that she left him for a sales manager at Sears who obviously doesn't have a house because she has him shacking up with her in the house that her husband bought with his important CDC money. And she had a problem with her husband drinking but this new dude walks in the door and starts pouring up the wine and sending little Timmy to bed talking bout whatever guy who didn't put your mom first is a idiot. Man I wanted that kid to stab that bitch ass nigga in the eye with a fork.

Oh and I'm divorcing you over your important busy job but I'm going to stay up all night and watch you do your important busy job on the news. I could understand if they made it about the possible cheating but this some petty ass shit.

Man fuck her.

Other than that the show was pretty cool. I like those Blade 2 Vampires. Looking forward to seeing what happens going forward.

I enjoyed Lord Walder Frey channeling Count Cogliostro from Spawn. But they should have left Corey Stoll bald he looks much better that way. I'm liking the hot Spanish doctor. And what the hell is Samwise Gangee doing hanging around?! I'm interested in seeing what his connection is to all of this.

86617, The story is good
Posted by Dae021, Mon Jul-14-14 11:03 AM
You'll enjoy that aspect of it.

They downplay some of why Kelly is upset with Eph, yea its he's not around much, but there's some otehr stuff.

I'm sure they'll roll that out more and more.
86618, the people of color were worst
Posted by astralblak, Tue Jul-15-14 11:50 AM
Black flight attendant. Sweet and of course dumb. Let me open this latch. What?

Black servent, come on?

Latino street dude unwittinly doing the grunt work and ohh his brother is a druggie drunk bum to boot

And ohh the attractive cdc doc, she the side piece

FOH yo! But I'm still in
86619, that shit was HELLA hackneyed.
Posted by spades, Tue Jul-15-14 04:16 PM
86620, i wanted to slap the taste out of his wife.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sat Jul-19-14 12:00 PM
86621, helluva pilot, count me in
Posted by mashpg89, Mon Jul-14-14 12:53 PM
I didn't read the books so I'm sure I won't see the issues that others have mentioned. I thought the cast was the greatest strength. Corey Stoll seems comfortable as the leading role. He was good in Non-Stop and shined as Hemingway in Midnight In Paris. Walder Frey plays the old badass well, the fearless German from Inglorious Basterds and the hunter from Jumanji play convincing bad guys, and Samwise Gamgy returns to his sidekick role.

This story seems to have it all, and I'm excited to see where they take it. Only thing I didn't like was Gus' character, which was just too cliche and poorly written.

Watched Masters of Sex S02E01, The Leftovers S01E03, and The Strain S01E01 tonight and this one was by far the most entertaining and promising.
86622, good pilot..second what the dude said above one best of 3 shows
Posted by Ink_Spot, Mon Jul-14-14 08:06 PM
People who read the book probably need a thread where they can voice their opinions and compare and spoilers and shit.

For me, I have not read the book, and now that the show has started, i have no intention to do so anytime soon. I want to enjoy suspense in shows and be surprised as they come. I thought the characters were ok, and it I will go a few more episodes before judging it one way or the other. For now, I found it pretty interesting enough.
86623, Its a great point, but there's not nearly as much interest in the show
Posted by Dae021, Tue Jul-15-14 01:11 PM
Yet to justify a whole other post.

If we could just let folks know NOT to post spoilers.

As a book reader i'm sensitive to trying not to ruin the experience for folks who haven't but not everyone is thinking like that.
86624, pretty much.
Posted by Nopayne, Tue Jul-15-14 06:24 PM
We'll just have to remember not to be assholes.
86625, i wasn't that impressed but will watch on based on the rep
Posted by gumz, Tue Jul-15-14 08:27 AM
i haven't read the books but a friend of mine is always raving about them. i'll give it a few more eps to reel me in.
86626, i loved this isht!
Posted by Voodoochilde, Fri Jul-18-14 08:47 PM
...loved the pilot. loved it. hope it keeps this up....some really great moments....

i'm admit i am biased...Del Toro's just one of those artists who's stuff just matches my tastes to a T on so many levels (like musical artist Meshell Ndegeocello)....but i'm all IN....
86627, pilot was pretty much perfect. 70 mins flew by.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sat Jul-19-14 01:00 PM
86628, Episode 2 - The Box
Posted by Dae021, Mon Jul-21-14 11:06 AM
This episode is better than the first primarily because you didn't have to introduce anything and you can just sort of move the story along.

- The whole Gus thing just comes off as strange to me but I get it.

- Fet's introduction was over the top, but that dude is always good and him affecting a big Russian accent works well for me.

- Eph and Nora have NO chemistry.

- All in all I enjoyed this episode more than the pilot and i fear this may be who this show is. From top to bottom.
86629, dude, this episode was boring as hell
Posted by astralblak, Mon Jul-21-14 03:21 PM
half of the show could've been cut. no need for the AA meeting; we already know he lets down his boy we don't need another scene of "this time for real tho"; we can foresee that the four survivors are not "okay", show their symptoms and move the fuck on, no need for dramatics; the jail meeting between the old jew and vamplife was corny

you are coming into the show with the world of the comic in you. i know from my history of watching films that come from books, there is baggage. you have to let the story exist in this medium on its own accord.

I agree that Epha and ol girl have no chemistry. it's glaring. And I realized he is suppose to be our hero for this and he has no charisma.

the first episode was dope, you trippin

86630, I didn't like the pilot, I felt like it was overlong and flat
Posted by Dae021, Mon Jul-21-14 04:27 PM
There were lines in it that felt as if they were read by people who've never acted. The pilot was boring, while attempting establish all of this mythology it didn't really succeed in really anything.

- This episode felt more like something that could hold the weight. 43-60 minutes is right where this show needs to be.

- I'm quite aware that i'm coming into this with the history of the book. Even still if you're perfectly ok with Gus' characterization then I guess we're just coming at this from different points. I watch all episodes twice so i might feel differently about it after the second viewing but I don't think so. Gus is my least favorite part of the show.

- the 4 survivors are the thing we need to see progress. Just in terms of the show (not the book) you want the whole transformation in 2 shows without any explanation? This is a show that's about the viral infection that turns folks into other things. It's called the STRAIN, its not just turning people dog.

- The AA meeting halfway grounds Eph who's just a grump who fucks up his personal life with his obsession with work. That's why homie was asking Sean Astin for that Milk when he showed up on scene. The AA meeting makes sense to me.

- At least we agree on something, Eph and Nora don't work at all!
86631, RE: I didn't like the pilot, I felt like it was overlong and flat
Posted by SankofaII, Mon Jul-21-14 09:28 PM
>There were lines in it that felt as if they were read by
>people who've never acted. The pilot was boring, while
>attempting establish all of this mythology it didn't really
>succeed in really anything.

Yes. It was weird as hell to hear how stilted and horrible the dialogue was.

>- This episode felt more like something that could hold the
>weight. 43-60 minutes is right where this show needs to be.

I think if they structure the show around the survivors and how they react or interact with the world at large (and also see how other people are overtaken by the Strain, etc.) is best. doing it through Eph, Nora and the team is pointless to me...the second episode was an improvement over the first narratively...it wasn't great, but it moved the story forward, as ALL EPISODES SHOULD ON A TV SHOW. No matter what the show...each episode moves the over reaching story forward. The Strain is still struggling but Episode 2 really does go into the world of the show and is starting to focus on the overreaching story (how do you protect yourself against The Strain or the coming of basically the vampire apocalypse and the possible end of humanity? etc.)

>- I'm quite aware that i'm coming into this with the history
>of the book. Even still if you're perfectly ok with Gus'
>characterization then I guess we're just coming at this from
>different points. I watch all episodes twice so i might feel
>differently about it after the second viewing but I don't
>think so. Gus is my least favorite part of the show.

I dig Gus but his character is odd. Even if you didn't read all of the books (I barely finished the series and I don't remember it enough to comment on it...), anyone with common sense can tell that the writers really aren't sure WHAT to do with Gus. They know they have a great character in him; they clearly don't know how to work him into the show in a solid way...they'll get there because the guy that plays him is fantastic.

>- the 4 survivors are the thing we need to see progress. Just
>in terms of the show (not the book) you want the whole
>transformation in 2 shows without any explanation? This is a
>show that's about the viral infection that turns folks into
>other things. It's called the STRAIN, its not just turning
>people dog.

YUP! SPEAK ON IT! Folk are focused on how people become vampires through this strain (and clearly we're going to find out, most don't survive the turning), but it's ABOUT THE STRAIN itself and how people are turn, do they survive it, and once again how does humanity fight against this and possible survive it?

>- The AA meeting halfway grounds Eph who's just a grump who
>fucks up his personal life with his obsession with work.
>That's why homie was asking Sean Astin for that Milk when he
>showed up on scene. The AA meeting makes sense to me.

Me too...

>- At least we agree on something, Eph and Nora don't work at
>all!

THey don't work. It's not the actors (though I'm convinced Stoll just doesn't have chemistry with Maestro or anyone else for that matter on the show...it happens. Plus, it makes sense for him to not connect with anyone he's an asshole, a gump, a man who ROUTINELY puts himself and his work ahead of EVERYONE ELSE in his life, even his son, who he clearly loves but just doesn't know how to really BE a decent father to because he's all about his work.

That said, the writers need to give Maestro more to do. How do you hire one of the more intriguing foreign actresses to grace any screen over the past decade and *NOT* give her shit to do? Nora is the female lead and the other part of the series. SHe evolves from being a scientist who is trying to rationalize all of this and function to a woman who has no qualms about killing vampires and basically being a bad ass?

Give her more shit to do...Really, give her more shit to do. Beef up her character all that...
86632, man it's been 2 eps. give them time to actually evolve her.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jul-21-14 10:46 PM

>THey don't work. It's not the actors (though I'm convinced
>Stoll just doesn't have chemistry with Maestro or anyone else
>for that matter on the show...it happens. Plus, it makes sense
>for him to not connect with anyone he's an asshole, a gump, a
>man who ROUTINELY puts himself and his work ahead of EVERYONE
>ELSE in his life, even his son, who he clearly loves but just
>doesn't know how to really BE a decent father to because he's
>all about his work.
>
>That said, the writers need to give Maestro more to do. How do
>you hire one of the more intriguing foreign actresses to grace
>any screen over the past decade and *NOT* give her shit to do?
>Nora is the female lead and the other part of the series. SHe
>evolves from being a scientist who is trying to rationalize
>all of this and function to a woman who has no qualms about
>killing vampires and basically being a bad ass?
>
>Give her more shit to do...Really, give her more shit to do.
>Beef up her character all that...
86633, I think its safe to say she'll get more shine as the storylines
Posted by Dae021, Tue Jul-22-14 08:43 AM
Progress, I think kats are just worried that someone who can act is being wasted.

You're right though, its only been 2 episodes so we've got a lot longer to go to find out where this is heading.
86634, RE: man it's been 2 eps. give them time to actually evolve her.
Posted by SankofaII, Tue Jul-22-14 11:19 AM
um this has been an issue across the board regarding her character and folk who've commented on the show.

Give them time? We got backstories on Eph and damn near everyone else that's a main character on the show?

But she gets nothing? Man, stop. i'll keep asking that question until it happens and so will others.
86635, Dude seems too built to be Fet
Posted by Nopayne, Mon Jul-21-14 03:54 PM
But I can dig it.

Also, that last scene was pretty badass. I think The Walking Dead opened the door for showing this much gore on TV. I'm loving it.
86636, i always thought Fet was a big BEAR of a guy so not as like Athletic
Posted by Dae021, Mon Jul-21-14 09:48 PM
strong as Durand is. So I feel you.

Dog that bath scene was crazy because there's a real sense of dread they set up. Then it delivered so violently.

You may be right in terms of how widely this level of serious gore is accepted. I mean True Blood was doing it before the Walking dead, but it's silly gore on true blood, and this is not silly. This is real, you might get got gore.
86637, so far i'm not feeling it...ill give it another ep or two
Posted by gumz, Tue Jul-22-14 11:06 AM
before i bail
86638, I'm not feeling it that much
Posted by SammyJankis, Tue Jul-22-14 11:18 AM
People seem to love this show at least from what I hear. And FX just reported great ratings for it. But I don't get it. I'll still give it a few watches but I don't find it all that intriguing so far.
86639, RE: I'm not feeling it that much
Posted by SankofaII, Wed Jul-23-14 08:50 AM
>People seem to love this show at least from what I hear. And
>FX just reported great ratings for it. But I don't get it.
>I'll still give it a few watches but I don't find it all that
>intriguing so far.

people do love it but the goal is to keep them coming...I think the first ep got 3 million + viewers, which is a solid number for FX...

i think the second episode dropped in viewers which happens all the time. as long as the drop was STEEP (i.e. from 3 to 2 million etc.) the show should be fine.

if the strain can stay at, or obviously, improve upon 3 million viewers a week, it won't be canceled and the head of FX and the network ARE behind the show...so, it has that going for it.
86640, I don't care about any of the characters.
Posted by MiQL, Tue Jul-22-14 02:26 PM
meh.
86641, It does have an early TWD feel to it
Posted by Ceej, Wed Jul-23-14 09:36 AM
Hoping it will get better as it goes.
86642, Nope early Walking Dead was good
Posted by SammyJankis, Thu Jul-24-14 11:23 AM
This is Season 3.5 of TWD at best
86643, The books have some greta action sequences
Posted by madwriter, Wed Jul-23-14 10:32 AM
so hopefully del Toro's team handles those well.
--------
<--------- my cousin
www.richardlouissaint.com
photobloggin' it:
http://blog.richardlouissaint.com
86644, Good first episode
Posted by Mgmt, Thu Jul-24-14 06:07 AM
>Guillermo del Toro
>
>Carlton Cuse
>
>FX
>
>I think Rudy shows up too.
>
>Should be awesome.
86645, Ehh..I'm not feeling this show so far
Posted by nipsey, Thu Jul-24-14 11:27 AM
I knew nothing about this show until it came on. So I have not read any of the source material. I like the concept, but the execution is pretty bad so far. A lot of things don't make sense to me.

For starters, why did they transport the coffin via commercial air? If they've got all the money and the resources to pull off this stuff, why didn't they ship it via private jet? That way, they could have avoided it being detained by the authorities. Maybe I missed the explanation somewhere.

Why is "Rudy's" character so stupid? Apparently this organization has some leverage over him, to make him let the van with the coffin go through. But considering how effin' serious this outbreak appeared, why would he risk an epidemic because they're blackmailing him?

Also, in the first episode, how did all the family members and friends get so riled up at the airport when they weren't getting answers. It appears that all this took place within a few hours and I don't think people would have gotten that upset because they didn't have any answer on what happened on the plane after a few hours.

And on another note, the writing for "minority" characters is atrocious. The stuff that Gus said didn't sound like anything people would say in real life. It's like the writers just decided to come up with any ole stereotypical dialogue for the gangbanger. How many times does he say "White Boy" in the first two episodes. Nobody says stuff like that on a regular basis.

All that said, I'm going to stick with it. Like I said, I like the concept, I just wish they would tighten up the writing.

I found this review of episode two and I agree with much of what the writer brings up.

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-strain/community/post/the-strain-season-1-episode-2-the-box-review-140562269260/
86646, finally
Posted by madwriter, Mon Jul-28-14 08:14 AM
the reveal happened with the CDC characters.
can't wait for the exterminator to cross paths with shopkeeper. the actor was an odd choice though i like him. I guess having a husky actor didn't work for the casting.

And the scene with the musician. they actually did it. yuck. body horror is one of the things that do make me flinch
--------
<--------- my cousin
photobloggin' it:
86647, Best episode yet
Posted by Dae021, Mon Jul-28-14 09:28 AM
- Great opening to show you what they will become.

- Seeing homie after his PLOP in the toilet was disturbing and fantastic

- Seeing ole boys face all crushed in was dope.

- Its not lost on me that this episode had no Gus.

- Good episode all the way around.
86648, ^^^all of this^^^
Posted by DJ007, Mon Jul-28-14 02:39 PM
much better episode !
Posted by lovelyone80, Sun Aug-03-14 06:21 PM
and while he's urinating, it falls off and he doesn't react in no way. He just looks at it and flushes it...then turns around looking like a Ken doll. I was just like OH SO WE NOT GONNA ADDRESS HIS DICK FALLING OFF.

i mean we already knew it was gonna fall off when he showed the doctor and he's like "umm yeah no, i can't help you." but shit. lol. how was he still peeing and using it then PLOP.

just imagine if he had been having sex with that thing and it fell off.
86650, Did it keep going after the plop?
Posted by Dae021, Thu Aug-07-14 03:37 PM
That shti was really disgusting. Then to know it'll just be Amonia coming outta the back EWWWWW

Seriously though, you lose our dick and you're not tripping! Oh naw
86651, i believe it did because
Posted by lovelyone80, Fri Aug-08-14 09:20 AM
I was like what's the plop...I mean I knew but I was like nah, he looks to calm. I think it was a little after the plop it kept going then he flushed it like peace.

I'm not even a man but I know if anything falls off me, I'm not going to be so nonchalant about it.
86652, This episode was definitely better than the previous too
Posted by SammyJankis, Mon Jul-28-14 09:40 AM
I almost did not fall asleep by the end.
86653, lol
Posted by astralblak, Mon Jul-28-14 11:33 AM
>I almost did not fall asleep by the end.
^^^
86654, IDK
Posted by astralblak, Mon Jul-28-14 11:38 AM
it's getting tedious.

there is quality tension and the monsters look hideous

but I don't give two shits about Eph (or his family) and the female doc just seems to be struggling with her role (or lack there of)

also if these people are feeling this shitty why would they just lamp around in their homes wondering OMG I feel turrbl. look i have a predator tongue, my eyes got worms in them, my dick is falling off. ohh i'll feel fine in the morning

i get that these are different vampires, a new take on old lore, but come on yo.

get to it already, and by it i been the carnage and killing
86655, That's how I feel
Posted by nipsey, Mon Jul-28-14 02:12 PM

>it's getting tedious.
>
>there is quality tension and the monsters look hideous
>
>but I don't give two shits about Eph (or his family) and the
>female doc just seems to be struggling with her role (or lack
>there of)

Yeah, I don't understand the need to show all the personal stuff with Eph. That part of the story is not compelling in the least and adds nothing to developing his character. The first episode established he works too much and didn't spend enough time with his family. No need to beat it over the head. Also, how is that dude gonna want joint custody when he didn't have time to spend with his family when he and his wife were together? How is he gonna play with the kid when he's running all over the place curing disease outbreaks?

>
>also if these people are feeling this shitty why would they
>just lamp around in their homes wondering OMG I feel turrbl.
>look i have a predator tongue, my eyes got worms in them, my
>dick is falling off. ohh i'll feel fine in the morning

Even if you give the writers the benefit of the doubt that the people's minds are being affected and don't realize what's going on or the severity, the family members should be freakin' out and putting those affected in the hospital. Like that dude's wife. He comes home and claims he's "okay". But dude looks like he's on his death bed and is drinking steak blood with a predator tongue. Why isn't she running to the hospital?

>i get that these are different vampires, a new take on old
>lore, but come on yo.
>
>get to it already, and by it i been the carnage and killing
86656, man this shit dope.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jul-28-14 03:43 PM
except for the fight scene special effects. that was hilarious.
86657, Yeah I'm still in
Posted by Paps_Smear, Mon Jul-28-14 04:41 PM
Can't wait to see what happens when it really hits the fan.
86658, nora need to get w/ the program.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Aug-03-14 11:37 PM
setrakian coming from the cut doing what needs to be done.

housewife's scenes were all stupid. i'm guessing this leads to an important plot point in the books? because this looks like some shit you could cut out and miss nothing. although i got a kick out of the asshole neighbor becoming food.

ready to see gus cross paths w/ the vampires too.
86659, i didn't get the whole scene where she's in the bedroom
Posted by lovelyone80, Mon Aug-04-14 08:37 AM
and she takes off her shirt, wipes her sweat, puts on his, and is praying. I'm like is she about to try to exorcise this dude? the housewife is a mess...and you realize that she loves him so much, she doesn't want to lose him and she's committed to that. just like old dude who waved the van through did...their love for their spouses is that strong...of course, she's gonna do what she gotta do. so now we know she's gonna keep feeding him.

Nora is stupid. like how can you look at what's happening and say "no we can't kill humans." i hope she gets infected and dies.
86660, Remember when dude came home the first time
Posted by Dae021, Thu Aug-07-14 03:49 PM
She was just like "i can't do this without you" she's in. I haven't read that book in like 7 years, so I'm going strictly off the show. Seems like she don't know how to do this life thing without him. So she's willing to take whatever piece of him she can get. I mean he's the same way though, because his vampire nature was like eat her, but dude thought ahead and chained himself and told her to run. He loved her enough to not eat her, and warn her. They go together.

I don't know WHAT the fuck is up with nora. Like she saw the inside of the body, she saw the stings runs the length of their bodies, and what those blood worm things are, and she's still sitting here talking about NOOO. Yea she fucked in the head.
86661, RE: Remember when dude came home the first time
Posted by SankofaII, Sun Aug-10-14 07:10 AM
>She was just like "i can't do this without you" she's in. I
>haven't read that book in like 7 years, so I'm going strictly
>off the show. Seems like she don't know how to do this life
>thing without him. So she's willing to take whatever piece of
>him she can get. I mean he's the same way though, because his
>vampire nature was like eat her, but dude thought ahead and
>chained himself and told her to run. He loved her enough to
>not eat her, and warn her. They go together.

yea wife CLEARLY can't do for self she NEEDS dude to raise the kids, take care of the house etc. watch we finding out wifey had A SERIOUS breakdown of some sort in the past and she can't function on her own because of it...

>I don't know WHAT the fuck is up with nora. Like she saw the
>inside of the body, she saw the stings runs the length of
>their bodies, and what those blood worm things are, and she's
>still sitting here talking about NOOO. Yea she fucked in the
>head.

nah this is CLEARLY the writers trying to humanize her more but are fucking up so badly and just not letting Mia Maestro GO IN...they writing Nora real lame right now and I need them to hurry up and get the transformation of Nora, the rational doctor trying to make sense of all this via her knowledge to Nora, the ass kicking, I'm going to cut your fucking head off in order to save the world scientist she eventually becomes...because I do remember being intrigued by how she evolves throughout the books and I hope they show that in the show...
86662, on the wait list for the books. can't wait to read these.
Posted by lovelyone80, Mon Aug-11-14 04:20 PM
86663, Carajo!! *spoiler*
Posted by lfresh, Sun Aug-10-14 06:35 PM
Woah

Wtf

The ken doll episode!!
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.
86664, I love how all the People of Color on this show RUN *spoilers*
Posted by lovelyone80, Mon Aug-11-14 08:29 AM
when they see some shit going down. that's so real.

Regina King bounced when her artist killed that doctor lady.
Spanish exterminator bounced when he saw all of those vampires run up on him in the subway.
Black babysitter packed, and took the kids when she saw that lady's eyes. "We going to the movies, we be back..." and was OUT.

meanwhile the white wife of old dude just stood there crying over her husband while he screamed at her.
86665, Yet, not one person wants to call the police and/or doctor
Posted by nipsey, Mon Aug-11-14 09:43 AM
I just can't take shows who's characters are mind numbingly stupid. Characters who do things no one in real life would ever do. You're telling me Regina King sees her client use a tentacle that came out of his mouth to suck the blood out of a doctor she hired and doesn't call the police? She calls an effin' "cleaner"! WTF? You do realize your rock star turned into a monster right?

Same thing with the wife who hung herself. All that isht see saw with her husband and not once did she call the police.

And Nora being conflicted about killing these things like they're still human. She saw what they can do first hand on TWO separate ocassions. Yet she's conflicted.

And then the CDC trying to take Eph down like he did something wrong. That CDC boss was not trying to watch that video. In what world do people ignore evidence like that?

This show is infuriating. I like the subject matter and think the concept has potential, but the characters are just too stupid.

At least we didn't see Gus and his lame storyline this week.

>when they see some shit going down. that's so real.
>
>Regina King bounced when her artist killed that doctor lady.
>Spanish exterminator bounced when he saw all of those vampires
>run up on him in the subway.
>Black babysitter packed, and took the kids when she saw that
>lady's eyes. "We going to the movies, we be back..." and was
>OUT.
>
>meanwhile the white wife of old dude just stood there crying
>over her husband while he screamed at her.
86666, RE: Yet, not one person wants to call the police and/or doctor
Posted by madwriter, Mon Aug-11-14 11:34 AM
>I just can't take shows who's characters are mind numbingly
>stupid. Characters who do things no one in real life would
>ever do. You're telling me Regina King sees her client use a
>tentacle that came out of his mouth to suck the blood out of a
>doctor she hired and doesn't call the police? She calls an
>effin' "cleaner"! WTF? You do realize your rock star turned
>into a monster right?
>
>Same thing with the wife who hung herself. All that isht see
>saw with her husband and not once did she call the police.
>
>And Nora being conflicted about killing these things like
>they're still human. She saw what they can do first hand on
>TWO separate ocassions. Yet she's conflicted.
>
>And then the CDC trying to take Eph down like he did something
>wrong. That CDC boss was not trying to watch that video. In
>what world do people ignore evidence like that?

Well there's a big reason for that and it will payoff later. plus he just got framed

--------
<--------- my cousin
photobloggin' it:
86667, I agree 1000% with everything you wrote
Posted by astralblak, Mon Aug-11-14 02:24 PM
they are making people do dumb shit to create tension of build story lines for them.

86668, nah I wouldn't have called the cops either, who the FUCK
Posted by lovelyone80, Mon Aug-11-14 04:18 PM
gonna believe you? you gonna end up in the looney bin? yeah i see that shit and i'm out, I'm staying away from you...i might post about it on a message board. I definitely wouldn't have called a cleaner cuz well...he gonna die too. shit...the police would be pissed if you called them over this type of non-sense.
86669, man that CDC dude is wack.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Aug-12-14 12:01 AM
86670, Hottie in the truck
Posted by lfresh, Mon Aug-11-14 11:23 AM
At the beginning as well that took that box out
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
86671, Yo, I love your thirst.
Posted by spades, Mon Aug-11-14 12:01 PM
You really be moving the movement.
86672, LOL
Posted by astralblak, Mon Aug-11-14 02:24 PM
#thuglove
86673, I'm highly visual
Posted by lfresh, Mon Aug-11-14 08:10 PM
Women skirt around that shit for y'all's egos
I don't feel the need
~~~~
~~~~
86674, RIGHT?!
Posted by SankofaII, Tue Aug-12-14 11:42 AM
>when they see some shit going down. that's so real.
>
>Regina King bounced when her artist killed that doctor lady.

Shit, ok? I would have ran too

>Spanish exterminator bounced when he saw all of those vampires
>run up on him in the subway.
>Black babysitter packed, and took the kids when she saw that
>lady's eyes. "We going to the movies, we be back..." and was
>OUT.
>
>meanwhile the white wife of old dude just stood there crying
>over her husband while he screamed at her.

I'm glad the writers of the show did this because shit, we've seen TOO MANY instances where folk just stood there and were easy pickings for the killer

86675, and not only did Regina King's character run....
Posted by SankofaII, Tue Aug-12-14 04:31 PM
Mama broke her ankle in them heels, and *STILL* got the fuck out of dodge...

86676, when she fell, she rubbed her ankle for a hot minute
Posted by lovelyone80, Wed Aug-13-14 09:52 AM
looked back and was like NAH

I was crying so hard. I was like that's so damn real.
86677, RE: when she fell, she rubbed her ankle for a hot minute
Posted by SankofaII, Wed Aug-13-14 12:27 PM
>looked back and was like NAH
>
>I was crying so hard. I was like that's so damn real.

RIGHT?! I rolled. I hope they keep her this season and she manages to survive because you KNOW dude is going to come after her. Watch...
86678, And what's up with the morgue?
Posted by nipsey, Tue Aug-12-14 10:39 AM
It's been a couple of days since those bodies rose and killed the (ONE!) coroner for all of New York City. Nobody mentioned that? They may have and I missed it. But I don't remember them addressing this part.
86679, they didn't address it at all...good point...
Posted by lovelyone80, Tue Aug-12-14 11:43 AM
i assume the subway ppl are all the dead bodies that disappeared from the morgue. i have no clue of the TL in this story but I assume it hasn't even been a whole week? its a bit ridiculous. But yeah no one is curious to know where the bodies went?
86680, At one point a couple of episodes ago
Posted by nipsey, Tue Aug-12-14 01:01 PM
Eph mentioned calling the morgue and getting no answer. And that was it.
86681, The Strain Renewed for Season 2
Posted by SankofaII, Tue Aug-19-14 11:58 AM
http://deadline.com/2014/08/the-strain-renewed-for-second-season-fx-821592/

Six weeks into its 13-episode freshman run, FX’s The Strain has been given a 13-episode order for a second season to air in 2015. The vampire drama from Guillermo del Toro and Carlton Cuse marked the first time FX has aired an original series on Sunday night. The Strain’s premiere drew 4.73 million total viewers and 2.43 million Adults 18-49 in Live+same day. That number grew to 8 million total viewers and 4.2 million Adults 18-49 in Live+3 when one encore telecast are factored in. With Live+7 data, VOD, digital and electronic purchases, The Strain delivered 12.7 million viewers to become the network’s highest rated series premiere ever. The horror drama also ranks as the #1 new series on cable (broadcast or premium) in 2014 in delivery of Adults 18-49. “We’ve never had any doubts about The Strain,” said FX CEO John Landgraf. “Working with Guillermo del Toro, Carlton Cuse, and the brilliant cast led by Corey Stoll has been everything we had hoped it would be and more.”

On a weekly basis, The Strain, from FX Prods. is averaging 11 million Total Viewers and 5.2 million Adults 18-49 inclusive of VOD and online viewing (most current). On a first-run only Live+7 basis, the series is averaging 4.5 million Total Viewers and 2.6 million Adults 18-49. The Strain’s 1.2 million Adults 18-34 (first-run L+7) places it in a tie for the top spot in that demo among all new cable series to launch in 2014.

“I am thrilled! Another season to spread the virus!” said del Toro, who directed the pilot and co-wrote the best-selling books The Strain with Chuck Hogan. “Working with Carlton, Chuck and FX has been immensely rewarding and we have such sights to unveil in the upcoming episodes—the blood hits the fan on this one, mankind becomes an endangered species.” Added Cuse, “I am grateful for all the blood, sweat and tears (but mostly blood) given to the project by all involved, and I could not be more excited to continue telling this epic story.”

86682, I might be in
Posted by lfresh, Tue Aug-19-14 07:01 PM
I'm not good w horror but...it's been intriguing
~~~~
~~~~
86683, Okay it's out in the open
Posted by lfresh, Tue Aug-19-14 07:02 PM
Unless that world doesn't have twitter
Then again there have been communication disruptions

~~~~
~~~~
86684, Man...it's still not in the open
Posted by nipsey, Tue Aug-19-14 10:35 PM
Exterminator still won't tell anyone what he saw. The coroner in the streets? Those FBI agents just thought he was homeless. Nobody else in the street seemed to acknowledge that this dude was some kind of monster.

And you remind me of another thing. The ENTIRE internet has been down for days and people are non chalant about it? GTFOH!
86685, true
Posted by lfresh, Wed Aug-20-14 03:01 PM

>And you remind me of another thing. The ENTIRE internet has
>been down for days and people are non chalant about it?
>GTFOH!

this would be a problem
pro.blem.
~~~~
~~~~
86686, Fet tried to tell his people and they clowned him
Posted by Dae021, Thu Aug-21-14 10:18 AM
he went back to the office to tell them and they had already been turned. He is not trying to save the world, he's just trying to alert his people.
86687, hope the wife's bf gets ate to shreds.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Aug-19-14 10:05 PM
86688, I really hope dude dies
Posted by Paps_Smear, Wed Aug-20-14 07:14 PM
The wife too for that matter

Most annoying ass wife since Lori in TWD
86689, Dude was running up on what looked like two fully turned Vamps
Posted by Dae021, Thu Aug-21-14 10:28 AM
He's got to get got. There's no way outta that.
86690, killer episode last night...
Posted by Voodoochilde, Mon Aug-25-14 05:05 AM
...i did not see that coming at all...

i'm still digging this how. right now, its the only drama we care about on TV....made me look forward to Sunday nights even (i usually get the Sunday night blues knowing i gotta go to work on Monday) but The Strain makes Sunday nights something i cant wait for...
86691, That final scene was so great -------Spoilery----------
Posted by Dae021, Mon Aug-25-14 09:40 AM
Also the story telling of how intertwined Setrakian and Eichorst's history's are was really good. Seeing that he's the one who created the Master's coffin.

That final scene though, those dudes came through!!! I absolutely loved the way he was so grandfatherly and nice to them, and just straight brutal it was a really nice way to end the episode.

I find myself looking forward to this show each week as the story progresses.

I like it much more now than in the beginning

People are still doing dumb shit, but at least its entertaining.
86692, So the vampire ghouls got their own police force now
Posted by SammyJankis, Mon Aug-25-14 10:47 AM
That came out of nowhere.
86693, LOFL. it was cool, but I was like what
Posted by astralblak, Mon Aug-25-14 12:40 PM
86694, No clue where that dude came from
Posted by Dae021, Mon Aug-25-14 01:14 PM
I don't even know who his crew is.
86695, Yeah
Posted by lfresh, Tue Aug-26-14 09:05 PM
I'm like there's factions?
~~~~
~~~~
86696, Vampire Special forces
Posted by Dae021, Wed Aug-27-14 08:16 AM
With Granddad running point, he doesn't even use bullets he fires BOLTS, that was gangster.
86697, i forgot all about that from the previews.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Aug-26-14 11:48 PM
86698, RE: That final scene was so great -------Spoilery----------
Posted by Voodoochilde, Mon Aug-25-14 08:09 PM
>Also the story telling of how intertwined Setrakian and
>Eichorst's history's are was really good. Seeing that he's the
>one who created the Master's coffin.
>

yeah exactly, we too thought the backstory/historical part is really just as intriguing as the modern day stuff. Setrakian and Eichorst's are great both in the here & now and in way back when. I could watch a whole episodes of just the old stuff, but i do like the back & forth.

>That final scene though, those dudes came through!!! I
>absolutely loved the way he was so grandfatherly and nice to
>them, and just straight brutal it was a really nice way to end
>the episode.
>

yeah exactly again. (Spoilery:)that was cool & creepy as hell the way the bunny-rabbit-vampire was cold blooded one moment and then lispy-grandfatherly the next

>I find myself looking forward to this show each week as the
>story progresses.
>
>I like it much more now than in the beginning
>
>People are still doing dumb shit, but at least its
>entertaining. >

yeah some people are doing dumb shit on the show...but honestly, that bothers me less & less in tv shows and movies now because quite frankly, looking at the news every day i see people doing just as dumb shit in REAL life all the damn time lol...
86699, RE: That final scene was so great -------Spoilery----------
Posted by Dae021, Tue Aug-26-14 10:24 AM
>yeah exactly, we too thought the backstory/historical part is
>really just as intriguing as the modern day stuff. Setrakian
>and Eichorst's are great both in the here & now and in way
>back when. I could watch a whole episodes of just the old
>stuff, but i do like the back & forth.
>
It was super interesting, the dude that plays Eichorst is just fuckin good. I like EVERY scene with that dude.
>

>yeah exactly again. (Spoilery:)that was cool & creepy as hell
>the way the bunny-rabbit-vampire was cold blooded one moment
>and then lispy-grandfatherly the next
>
No the bunny-rabbit that's hilarious. The lispy grandfather turned cold killer was incredible. She was contaminated. I was watching that scene like is he just going to let her roll with them worms in her system? NOPE, wrap!!

>
86700, Great episode!
Posted by DJ007, Mon Aug-25-14 08:39 PM
Keeps getting better with each new episode !

Call of Duty :Vampire Black Ops - who the fuck where those guys ?!?!..lol
Posted by nipsey, Mon Sep-01-14 07:27 PM
I guess I'm missing something you guys are seeing. But the required suspension of disbelief expected of me as a viewer is extremely high! I like the premise. I can buy into the conceit of vampires. But I can't deal with how implausible all these characters are behaving. People refuse to call the police when they see vampires with 8 foot long tongues eating folks. The ENTIRE internet is down and people are acting all non chalant about it. The cab driver from last week took the cake. Dude SEES the vampires come up to his cab and he refuses to drive away! Chief Tyrol is telling dude to drive and the cabbie is like, "What? What is this? What's going on?" Drive MFer! So instead of driving, dude pulls a gun and gets OUT the cabl? What for? *SMH*

All that said, the vampire swat team rollin' through was nice and unexpected. Considering how stupid all these characters act, I think this show would be better served if it were all about a Vampire SWAT team.
86702, fet set connection?
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Sep-01-14 08:19 PM
tell me those 2 are going to be teamed up most of the time now.
86703, I guess that was a bottle episode
Posted by SammyJankis, Tue Sep-02-14 07:52 AM
86704, Yea It was
Posted by Dae021, Tue Sep-02-14 10:26 AM
I don't understand why folks are looking at vampires and still acting like they're humans.

Even before the stinger comes out, those people don't look right. Like those don't look like people I'd either approach or take lightly. They do both.

- I still like it though, and the bottle episode was great for setting up the Fet and Setrakian relationship.

- I often wonder how big of an explosion would a gas station cause.

- Jim had to go, that shit was cold blooded, but it was the right move. Fet was thinking clearly and Eph as we have seen throughout most of this was not. At least her brought them lights out though.

- I thought their little stand to get to the truck was going to end in disaster, but somehow they made it.

- Interested to see where this goes
86705, RE:
Posted by astralblak, Thu Sep-04-14 04:27 PM
>I don't understand why folks are looking at vampires and
>still acting like they're humans.

it's incredibly stupid. "Abu" / Hassan aka the gas station clerk saying who is gunna pay for this, i'll wait for the cops. made me want to punch myself in the face

>Even before the stinger comes out, those people don't look
>right. Like those don't look like people I'd either approach
>or take lightly. They do both.
>

that pale human like thing with the blood at the corners, growling and twitching, and ohh my god look at that tongue that shoots out 6 six and kills... yup, Human!

>- I still like it though, and the bottle episode was great for
>setting up the Fet and Setrakian relationship.
>
yeah, this was dope.

>- I often wonder how big of an explosion would a gas station
>cause.
>
>- Jim had to go, that shit was cold blooded, but it was the
>right move. Fet was thinking clearly and Eph as we have seen
>throughout most of this was not. At least her brought them
>lights out though.
>
agreed.

86706, Your man Abu watched people die
Posted by Dae021, Fri Sep-05-14 10:29 AM
Not even like watched them run away, he watched people DIE, and still worried about who's paying for these twinkies!!!!

Young it was so crazy watching them complain about shit, and sitting there watching the world as they knew it has honestly just vanished before their eyes. Yet you're complaining about who this old man is going crazy? No this the only muthafucka who's thinking clearly!

Name one regular person with a 6ft tongue? you know what you deserve to die.
86707, dude talking about its safer in there
Posted by lfresh, Fri Sep-05-14 12:51 PM
them things banging on the ceiling

the bullet proof glass dont cover the ceiling

i'll just chalk it up to classic horror trope
which i enjoyed smh @

mind you i could see that really happening
folks really dont have sense in emergency situations
~~~~
~~~~
86708, My issue with this show
Posted by nipsey, Sun Sep-07-14 02:51 PM
EVERYBODY on this show acts illogically. People are acting like vampires running around is no big deal. "Apu" (after the Simpsons character) was ridiculously stupid. Then they keep trying to use credit card machines like the internet hasn't been down for days. Why did they try that with the gas pump? And why did the card work? The writers could have just had the characters tell Hassan to turn on the pump so they could get gas. Rather than exposing that plot hole with the credit card machines being down. But now, I'm reminded of this as I type. I thought the power was out at the station. HTF did the gas pump work?

*SMH*
86709, Yup, and I mostly hate them. this could've been
Posted by astralblak, Thu Sep-04-14 04:20 PM
half short, twice as strong
86710, I absolutely love this show
Posted by cgonz00cc, Tue Sep-02-14 11:48 AM
And last night's episode was the best one yet
86711, This show is dumb as shit!
Posted by SammyJankis, Mon Sep-08-14 11:04 AM
I don't totally hate it and I get some enjoyment out of it but I acknowledge that these characters make some of the dumbest decisions. Sure we're going to let a small child enter a dark home just because you saw a brief shadow on pass the window.

Yea lets take forever to wrap this dudes body in plastic only to put it in a garbage bin and burn it.

Yea lets go upstairs and have a heart to heart conversation for 10 minutes when the old man and the little boy are waiting in the bread truck knowing that the old man is a target for the vamps.

Yea my ex wife and my son's mother, my son who by the way I gave to strangers and I should focus on wrapping up here and getting back to him ASAP but I gotta get some of this hot Latin pussy now. (Well that one might not have been as bad).

86712, LOL
Posted by CaptNish, Mon Sep-08-14 11:44 AM
>(Well that one might not have been as bad).

you see that ass? Yeah, I'ma take a moment to hit that if I think errybody is doomed. hahaha
86713, lol but thats horror
Posted by lfresh, Mon Sep-08-14 11:50 AM
dumb characters decisions

except as noted some of the minority ones
lol

~~~~
~~~~
86714, we >.< bruh
Posted by astralblak, Mon Sep-08-14 08:26 PM
86715, well if that wasnt the DORKIEST Head Vamp I've ever seen
Posted by astralblak, Mon Sep-08-14 08:27 PM
this is becoming my new SOA

dumb as shit, but I just can't stop watching
86716, shit lost momentum once the vamps ran wild
Posted by Nekkid, Mon Sep-08-14 09:14 PM
and pretty much took over new york
and its weird because people are still walking around oblivious
86717, Admittedly awkward looking
Posted by lfresh, Mon Sep-08-14 10:44 PM

~~~~
~~~~
86718, The Master's face should've never been revealed
Posted by Dae021, Tue Sep-09-14 09:44 AM
It kills all of the suspense, he was way scarier before we saw him.

Plus did you see the way he mangled dudes FINGERS!!!
86719, yea fellow Obie alum Corey Stoll, Mia Maestro
Posted by SankofaII, Wed Sep-10-14 01:49 PM
and the cast are the only things that are keeping me watching this.

Because got damn this is fucking stupid. No amount of action sequences, once in lifetime brilliant writing is going to make me keep watching this AND to make it LIVE APPOINTMENT VIEWING AT THAT?

Nah....cause shit. the "people doing stupid shit" every episode is just too fucking much for real.

LMAO
86720, Man I've been saying this from the jump
Posted by nipsey, Mon Sep-15-14 12:27 PM
It's a vampire show. I can suspend disbelief. I can take one or two characters doing something stupid. But every single character with the exception of Old Man Vampire Hunter has done stupid things multiple times. I can't believe people are STILL going about their lives nonchalantly as if the ENTIRE internet and cell phone communication hasn't been down for days. As if there are not vampires running wild throughout the city. I can't with this show.

>
>Nah....cause shit. the "people doing stupid shit" every
>episode is just too fucking much for real.
>
>LMAO
86721, RE: Man I've been saying this from the jump
Posted by SankofaII, Tue Sep-16-14 03:20 PM
>It's a vampire show. I can suspend disbelief. I can take one
>or two characters doing something stupid. But every single
>character with the exception of Old Man Vampire Hunter has
>done stupid things multiple times. I can't believe people are
>STILL going about their lives nonchalantly as if the ENTIRE
>internet and cell phone communication hasn't been down for
>days. As if there are not vampires running wild throughout the
>city. I can't with this show.

Pretty much. I mean, how aren't people realizing the internet and cell phone communication is down?! SMH

>>
>>Nah....cause shit. the "people doing stupid shit" every
>>episode is just too fucking much for real.
>>
>>LMAO
>

yea the people doing stupid shit....I just CAN NOT LMAO
86722, RE: Man I've been saying this from the jump
Posted by nipsey, Tue Sep-16-14 04:13 PM

>Pretty much. I mean, how aren't people realizing the internet
>and cell phone communication is down?! SMH
>
>>>

They realize it, they're just *Kanye Shrugging* it off. The characters have mentioned several times how those things are down, but people are going on about their lives like it's no big deal.

The internet is down.

Not Gmail.
Not Facebook.
No Twitter Fail Whale.

THE ENTIRE INTERNET.

And people couldn't could care less. Imagine if the entire internet went down this very minute. There would definitely be "Revolution" type chaos in the streets. Not to mention the internet affects everything we do in our normal lives. It goes beyond posting on facebook. Many public utilities would be down. Communication systems. Everything. My point (of this long rant) is that the way people react on this show rings false. And that takes me out of the world they're trying to build.

>>>Nah....cause shit. the "people doing stupid shit" every
>>>episode is just too fucking much for real.
>>>
>>>LMAO
>>
>
>yea the people doing stupid shit....I just CAN NOT LMAO
86723, They need to fire their whole writing team before I commit to
Posted by jswerve386, Mon Sep-15-14 06:22 PM
watching a season 2
86724, RE: They need to fire their whole writing team before I commit to
Posted by SankofaII, Tue Sep-16-14 03:17 PM
>watching a season 2

OOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPP!!!! I agree
86725, I think they're trying too hard to stretch this thing out.
Posted by Nopayne, Tue Sep-16-14 04:31 PM
The whole story can really be told in 2-3 solid seasons. Instead they're turning this into The Walking Dead.
86726, Roughly each book being a season
Posted by Dae021, Wed Sep-17-14 07:15 AM
That would be about right.

Each book progresses time a lot though.

I'd still be up for it though
86727, I don't see that...cuz they are literally near the end of the first book
Posted by StephBMore, Wed Sep-17-14 08:42 AM
and near the end of the first season...this really can't go longer than 3 seasons and the end of this season should be the end of the book...There are 3 episodes left? Yeah I think they will get through the whole book by the end of this season.
86728, So again no one recognized"I don't like people playin on my phone"
Posted by Dae021, Fri Sep-19-14 09:19 AM
She was the homeless lady that had Kelly's phone.

I love that she's getting some cameo work now.
86729, I laughed so hard when i saw her
Posted by Nappy Soul, Mon Sep-22-14 10:00 AM
Also the fact that her dialogue was about a phone.
86730, man i knew i recognized her from somewhere.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Sep-22-14 10:43 PM
86731, yeah no that head vamp
Posted by lfresh, Tue Sep-23-14 10:15 AM
gets worse and worse the more i see of him..it

they left that child alone with that confused grandma??
and no cigarettes??
~~~~
~~~~
86732, So this week's episode wasn't half bad
Posted by nipsey, Tue Sep-23-14 07:12 PM
Except for the following

1) Zack = Carl 2.0

2) Nora's Mom needs to die

3) Corey Stoll's wig needs to die

4) This Gus storyline is horrible

5) Old Man Vampire Hunter is on that Captain Ahab. Dude was about to run headfirst into a nest of a thousand sleeping vampires to get at the Master. That's not the play my man.

6) So we're just gonna forget about Regina King? And her rock star client? What about Sam Gamgee's wife? This show loves dropping storylines/characters.
86733, Uh, what about the Team Of Blades!?!?
Posted by CaptNish, Tue Sep-23-14 09:48 PM
>6) So we're just gonna forget about Regina King? And her rock
>star client? What about Sam Gamgee's wife? This show loves
>dropping storylines/characters.
>
86734, RE: Uh, what about the Team Of Blades!?!?
Posted by nipsey, Tue Sep-23-14 10:35 PM
They showed them in the previews for next week so I didn't mention them. But I agree, they dropped that storyline for a few episodes also.
86735, Ah, I don't watch previews post shows.
Posted by CaptNish, Wed Sep-24-14 12:20 AM
Or the "previously on..." But seriously. They dropped that so long ago and never touched on it again that I can't believe the fanbase hasn't been like "Um, the fuck??"
86736, I think the issue is many people don't realize the TL of the show
Posted by StephBMore, Wed Sep-24-14 11:43 AM
It's literally only been 4 or 5 days since the plane landed. You see the rogue people on the 2 or 3rd day, but since it's been a few episodes since the last time we saw them it seems like a long time since we have seen them or it seems like they disappeared but it's really only been two days.
86737, Regina King and the rockstar...*slight spoiler related to the book*
Posted by StephBMore, Wed Sep-24-14 09:43 AM
If the show follows the book, the rockstar should be in the last episode (or at least his house)...he does become important in book #2 so it's far to say he will return next season...Regina King's character isn't in the book, so who knows what happens with her. if she isn't dead, she should die soon since the second book (starts a week after the plane landed) and literally most of NYC is turned.
86738, if this were a GoT post ppl would call for u to be banned
Posted by cgonz00cc, Thu Oct-02-14 07:18 PM
Kinda spoilery lol
86739, LMAO...I didn't post anything close to spoilers BUT *SPOILER ALERT*
Posted by StephBMore, Fri Oct-03-14 09:03 AM
...i said spoiler alert in the title because I want ppl to KNOW if you read this, it will be book spoilers...(which I am about to really do below)

however, me saying the rockstar is important isn't a spoiler...him being groomed to become the Master vampire host is a major spoiler.

and I made an assumption that Regina King would die...she's not in the book so we have no way of knowing.

86740, so...yo....the Master monster...
Posted by Voodoochilde, Tue Sep-30-14 07:52 PM
...whenever that dude shows up on the screen....yo...dude creeps the shEET outta me!

seriously....

that is some freaky scary crap right there pulled sraight from some forgotten childhood nightmare i'm sure. its so good...it's creepy as hell yet i just cant turn away from it...thats the sign of something perfectly done...

GREAT creature design....whoever did the creature designs for this oughtta get some props,,,

i assume my brother from-another-mother Del Torro had a lot to do with the design, cuz i swear...THAT dude has his finger on the pulse of every visual movie aesthetic that i love. (or, in this case, that freaks me out)

86741, btw...Doug Jones is THE man...
Posted by Voodoochilde, Mon Oct-06-14 09:47 PM
...this guy is just amazing to me...my wife and i both marvel at his talent...
its almost to the point that if i know he's going to play a character in a film or show, then i'll try to make it a point to go see it JUST because of him...

dude is awesome...he's a scene stealer in pretty much everything he does...you cant pull your eyes away from him...

tip o the cap to you mr Jones, you've got big fans in this household

(even though your 'Master' performance is givin us friggin' nightmare's :)
86742, I was wondering when mama was going to bite the dust
Posted by lfresh, Tue Sep-30-14 08:47 PM
Yep it was comin
~~~~
~~~~
86743, I'm now realizing they are mixing the books up...*book spoilers*
Posted by StephBMore, Wed Oct-01-14 07:51 PM
in this last episode I am seeing parts of Book 2 being played out...I don't know why...this series can't possibly last longer than 3 seasons.

SPOILER

like once the vampires black out the sun and take over, it's not much more than that unless they are going to extend that whole thing and make that a whole season on it's own.
86744, nobody here cares that you read the books
Posted by theprofessional, Sat Oct-11-14 04:34 PM
seriously. nobody. not one single person.
86745, yet you cared enough to respond to me...
Posted by StephBMore, Sat Oct-11-14 08:46 PM
cuz if you truly didn't care, you would have just bypassed this post like everyone else. Cared enough to login and let your FIRST reply in this thread be to me...Oh you right, no one cared. but you.

Go choke on your own dick.
86746, good analysis
Posted by theprofessional, Tue Oct-14-14 01:43 PM
this is a thread about a TV show, and half your posts in here read like a 5th grade book report. once again, nobody-- that's zero-point-zero people-- cares that you read the books. not one single person cares. shut up about the books.
86747, WHY ARE YOU ON MY DICK THO?
Posted by StephBMore, Wed Oct-15-14 09:33 AM
You're the only one who complained. Nope I won't stop.

Matter of fact, I'm finishing book 3 now. And I can't wait for season 2 so I can post up all the info on how it coincides with the show and guess what...you can't stop me. LOL.

STAY MAD BOO. YOU THE ONLY ONE WHO SAID SOMETHING. nigga don't care then fucking ignore my posts. shit it ain't hurting you.

Life's awesome.

Have a good day.
86748, you just sent me 20 inboxes and called me boo
Posted by theprofessional, Wed Oct-15-14 11:46 PM
reevaluate your life.
86749, nope.
Posted by StephBMore, Fri Oct-17-14 01:25 PM
86750, you just sent me 10 more inboxes
Posted by theprofessional, Tue Oct-21-14 03:35 AM
and then posted this in GD:

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12618646&mesg_id=12618646&listing_type=search

reevaluate.
86751, Stalk much? did you answer the poll since you searched my name?
Posted by StephBMore, Tue Oct-21-14 10:01 AM
you're derailing the thread with your mission to get at me over posting about the book.
you got an issue? hit my inbox, if not, k.i.m.
86752, you just sent me 10 more inboxes
Posted by theprofessional, Wed Oct-22-14 02:51 AM
nobody searched you. i lurk in GD, recognized the name of our resident book critic, who also happens to have sent me 40 inboxes in the last week (10 more today). so, again, that total is 40 inboxes from you to me, zero from me to you. and i'm the stalker. reevaluate.
86753, Sure, whatever you say buddy.
Posted by StephBMore, Wed Oct-22-14 09:07 AM
as long as you feel good about being mad about me talking about book, that's all that matters. idk what i did to you, but as long as you FEEL good about being an asshole, that's all that matters.

i sent all these inboxes (?!???), yet you the one "no one cares about you talking about the book" (unwarranted) then you come in here posting a link to a post in another forum that has NOTHING to do with this thread, but the book did. Okay. Whatever you say.

Stay blessed.
86754, lookin mad suspect now
Posted by Paps_Smear, Tue Oct-21-14 10:11 AM
prob should stop so we all forget about this lil thing you on

making you look creepy, son
86755, you two should write book reports together
Posted by theprofessional, Wed Oct-22-14 02:54 AM
86756, They really ended it well.
Posted by SammyJankis, Tue Oct-07-14 05:41 PM
The show had definitely gotten better in the last half
86757, RE: They really ended it well.
Posted by SankofaII, Tue Oct-07-14 06:09 PM
>The show had definitely gotten better in the last half

which isn't really saying much because the first half was so fucking shitty....
86758, haha. I was on the it's good side in th2 beginning BUT
Posted by astralblak, Wed Oct-08-14 11:19 PM
It really was ass overall. Like D+ / C-

I didnt give a shit about anyone but the rat exterminator
86759, RE: haha. I was on the it's good side in th2 beginning BUT
Posted by SankofaII, Wed Oct-08-14 11:58 PM
>It really was ass overall. Like D+ / C-
>
>I didnt give a shit about anyone but the rat exterminator

and the rat exterminator *REALLY* can't act worth a damn. but he's way more interesting than everyone else...
86760, LOFL. looking aloof and creepy in EVERY scene/exchange
Posted by astralblak, Thu Oct-09-14 01:01 PM
and how Jew, The Killer always scared as shit? I mean why? He all hard body talking, "the kill these vamps shit, tell your boy these are the end times" and when he come in contact with the heads, he always cowering like a lil' mija
86761, +100
Posted by nipsey, Tue Oct-14-14 01:45 PM

>and the rat exterminator *REALLY* can't act worth a damn. but
>he's way more interesting than everyone else...
86762, +1
Posted by nipsey, Tue Oct-14-14 01:45 PM

>which isn't really saying much because the first half was so
>fucking shitty....
86763, the way the master escaped sucked.
Posted by Nekkid, Sat Oct-11-14 05:54 PM
86764, I felt like it was slightly rushed...
Posted by StephBMore, Sat Oct-11-14 08:47 PM
but it was cool. Definitely will watch next season but if it starts to drag again I will be out.
86765, The first couple of episodes took so long
Posted by Dae021, Wed Oct-22-14 08:41 AM
They started really rushing towards the end.

- Skipping a lot of character building to try and get some impact with what was happening.

- The master is not scary, he looks ridiculous but the fact that this fool just ran out into the sun like fuck it i'm too strong was crazy. Seemed to really catch Setrakian off guard. I really liked that. It basically shook him to the core.

- He didn't realize how right he was about if they kill the master then the rest of them die. Master got into trouble and then fools was on MOONWALK!!! Shit was good.

- I don't like the characters but at Fet is interesting Stoll and his wig need to go.

- How in the world does Kelly still have her hair!

- The whole shit with Bunny and Gus seemed incredibly rushed, without even giving you any sort of clue as to how impactful Bunny really could be. If this show didn't come back Vampire Black Ops would've been wasted. One of the best parts of this season basically an F storyline.

- Gus is not interesting to me at all.

- I feel like i'm beholden to it though, so i'll probably watch next summer.