Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectI think a couple things could've helped this show.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=82469&mesg_id=82850
82850, I think a couple things could've helped this show.
Posted by pretentious username, Wed Apr-02-14 10:37 AM
I would've preferred them to make it to Terminus by episode 4/5 instead of all the soul-searching and character development we got (some of it was good, specifically the daryl and beth episode, it just should have been done in earlier seasons). that would've given them enough time to do a solid storyline with terminus without it dragging, and then they'd be moving on to the next thing for season 5.

even given the fact that they made it there at the end for a cliffhanger, i still think a small adjustment is to do more than hint at the terminus residents' brutality. right now these guys are just locked in a trailer. if we saw terminus brutally kill a major character (another criticism of the show is they're hesitant to do that) for one last "holy shit" moment before rick's "they're screwing with the wrong people" line, it would help immensely.

also, these people are all experienced zombie killers, so the zombie threat doesn't feel as real anymore. a major thing they could've changed (and maybe this is in the comics and they're planning it later, idk) is have the zombies adapt to some of the humans' techniques. maybe they learn how to be quieter when approaching or work together to set some rudimentary traps. that may sound like too quick of an evolution for them, but creatures do anything to survive.