Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectEach episode better than the last
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=77800&mesg_id=77959
77959, Each episode better than the last
Posted by Nappy Soul, Mon Jan-27-14 08:42 PM
The start of this episode had me spellbound. The religious music; the pastor overdoing it;the faces in the congregation and the discussion that ensues about the intellect of the followers, all that crowned with Cohle giving one of the best rants I ever heard about the triviality of religion and how fear is the main motivator for worship. That whole sequence is masterfully executed.From the start to the point they leave. The fact that their car has to be pushed outta there brings some edginess to it all too.

Two things that happened in last night episode that got me confused, is when they get a hold of the suspect with the burnt face. It's not clear how they caught him. It went from saying they were gonna call an APB and Boom! They're in the box. Did I miss how they nabbed him?
Also the whole story about the daughter's drawing something offensive at school. They never show or tell us what she actually drew.That scene is fitted pretty abruptly into the episode, like it has some kind of significance but all it amounted to is Hart and wife getting in some argument and getting it on.Maybe that's all it was.

The end is just as epic as the beginning. Matthew McConaughey has a raconteur's eloquence. You can't help to listen to him. Another genius rant about a dream and the monster that shows up at the end, paused, looking like Bigfoot.

2 weeks wait? That's gonna be torture.