Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectRenewed for season 4
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=76851&mesg_id=76883
76883, Renewed for season 4
Posted by ZooTown74, Tue Oct-22-13 02:48 PM
Also, I won't say very much about the twist - lest I be told that I'm blinded by the sheen on my plastic WGA card or some other dumb shit - so I'll just note I liked it a lot and am eager to see where the rest of the season's 8 episodes go, especially after reading Alex Gansa say that these 12 episodes are essentially 3 movements, with these first four representing the first movement

And because of that, I also want to see how the whole season plays out rather than read a bunch of knee-jerk "WTF???????????????????" Salon and Huffpost recaps about each episode. The thing that irritates me about them is that they never really focus on the big picture and just consist of a laundry list of "WTF?????????" complaints about what they just saw, as opposed to wondering how everything fits in a larger puzzle. I understand there have to be words on the screen so they can get them clicks, and everyone has a brain, but Jesus Christ, R.I.P. Patience with Storytelling.

With that being said, those first 3 episodes were bleak as shit and seemed to meander, and any momentum with Carrie, Saul and company was grounded to a serious halt whenever Afterschool Special Runaway Dana was on screen

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Gotta hear both sides