Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectI can, sans hyperbole, say this is my #1 of the "hbo generation?"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=75300&mesg_id=75519
75519, I can, sans hyperbole, say this is my #1 of the "hbo generation?"
Posted by dgonsh, Mon Sep-16-13 05:40 PM
ive watched em all. Sopranos, Six feet under, The Wire, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, all of em.

The Wire was always my favourite. Six Feet Under was always my hearth-wrenching-est. But this has taken all that I love of all those shows, to the utmost level.

I cannot *believe* the transformation this show has taken since I watched the pilot back in 2008. I watched the first season and thought "well, the acting is superb...and that explosion scene at Tuco's was fucking awesome...but we'll see if Season 2 takes it to another level." Oh, how far we've come.

This is the most compelling season of television i've ever seen. From Hank getting off the toilet at the beginning of the shortened season, to confronting walt in his garage, to jesse losing all grip on reality, to the restaurant guacamole scene, to the nazis showing up, to the shootout, to hanks "im asac schraeder. go fuck yourself," to walt admitting jane's death, to Flynn holing the fort of his shaken mother on the ground, to walt trying to save face by taking the blame on the phone with the police in the brilliant ploy, to poor little holly...my god. What a season. What a series.

I'm floored.