Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectYOU CAN'T BLAME JESSE
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=75300&mesg_id=75478
75478, YOU CAN'T BLAME JESSE
Posted by Big Chief Rumbletummy, Mon Sep-16-13 12:28 PM
Quick thoughts:

Walt Jr. pulled a daddy move on the phone with the cops. Didn’t realize it till later, my original impression was that he was flustered and only willing to say half-truths, but he knew what he was doing when he lied about “my dad pulled a knife on my mom”. He learned from the best – get on record first. Though I still think he didn’t want to say the words “he killed my uncle Hank”

Great television in setting up Holly, the knife, and the differences in who these people are – all from that opening scene before the title. A scene ostensibly about nothing conveyed so much for the rest of the episode.

Walt’s pants! Ozymandias “two trunkless legs…” HA!

I really thought that old man was going to make a “I don’t want your money, white man, stand”. HA! Again.

“I watched Jane die” –– that right there removes any blame or anger I might have for Jesse. He’s been manipulated, used, and mistreated by Walter from the beginning. You can blame Jesse for this no more than you can blame Holly. He’s a casualty of Walt’s myopic destruction of anyone and anything in the name of providing for his family.