Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectLOL, I read it last night
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=59315&mesg_id=59743
59743, LOL, I read it last night
Posted by mrhood75, Mon Oct-18-10 01:50 PM
I'll even listen to the audio version of it whenever him and Fienberg drop this week's podcast.

(though I haven't read the interview with him and Weiner yet)

And I get where Alan's coming from about all the character's looking for ways to reinvent themselves, and Don deciding to be more like all the other suits in his position, but I don't think this was the climax the show should have been building to this season.

"Lazy" may have been the incorrect term, but I was just disappointed that Weiner decided to buy whole-hog into the Secretary vs. Intellectual conflict. Now, the fact that Megan wasn't written as a bubble-head or a Betty-Clone made it better than it could have been, but it came across as something that would have been in the climax of a 9 p.m. network show (except, of course, in the network show he would have chosen Dr. Faye). IMHO, the Megan & Don story could have been fine with them both understanding that one-night-stand was a fling, and he could have gotten satisfaction in knowing she was one of the few people that really understood his ad in the Times. But to make him turn around and marry the girl just came off wrong. I think it would have been better if he had ended the season alone, and Weiner would have used a different emotional climax.