Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subject"She died like she lived...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=59315&mesg_id=59486
59486, "She died like she lived...
Posted by mrhood75, Mon Sep-20-10 09:59 AM
...surrounded by people who she answered the phones for."

Sorta sad to see "The Queen of Perversions" die at her desk like that. Back when I used to be a newspaper reporter, that seeming like an honoirable way to go out. Doesn't seem so glamorous if you're a secretary, even if you're an executive secretary. It was kind of sad/touching to see Roger and Cooper's reaction to it. Roger facing his own mortality, and Copper struggling to eulogize her. The pretty sad thing is that she was about as close to an astronaut as most women could hope to be in that age; not many women could aspire to be anything more than an executive secretary.

And I must say, the humor they injected into the incident, especially the great caper to wheel her away from the desk without alerting the clients to what's going on. Best moment: Harry whining off screen, "My grandmother gave me that blanket!"

- As advertised, the performances by all the women were off the chain. I felt bad for the good doctor; she clearly wanted to connect with Sally, but had no idea on how it. Peggy did a good job further checking the condescending "activist reporter." And even though they both know it's wrong, Joan and Roger are good for each other: two dinosaurs living happily together.

- Sally did her damn thing too, especially in the final scenes. Can't say that I really blame her either for not wanting to go back either. Betty may indeed be the worst person in the world.

- I thought it was perfect how Don sits down to write in his journal, and then has nothing to say. Weiner knew it would have been unbelievably corny to have him write a deep, insightful, soul-searching commentary on everything that he'd just experienced.

- Oh, and LOL @ Cooper not even having an office. No wonder he's lounging around reception eating apples and shit.