Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectLoved it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=55645&mesg_id=55696
55696, Loved it
Posted by okaycomputer, Mon Sep-20-10 11:15 AM
I too was shocked by how good Pitt was. I'd say he was the standout.

I don't get the Buscemi worries, I never had any doubts.

I knew all of those famous gangsters were going to play a part in this, but I had no idea they would be this integral right off the bat. Very, very cool.

Some standout moments/general thoughts:
- The young girl in the kitchen after Margaret's husband finds the money. She knew the violence was coming before it even started. How did they get that performance out of that little girl? Just a brilliant scene.

- Of all the Scorseseisms I think my favorite was the back-and-forth cuts between Jimmy's boys playing toy soldiers and the Prohibition officer training facility. It seemed foreboding somehow, but even if I misinterpreted that...still cool. (The baby carriage full of booze in the tracking shot would be a close second.)

- The use of authentic music to the time period was a little jarring at first, but it could be a great component to the show.

- Nucky's butler(?) is hilarious...almost completely out of place with the rest of the tone, but hilarious. I think it'll be nice to have that odd vein of humor running throughout the show.