Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectSomething's still off, though...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=26638&mesg_id=26732
26732, Something's still off, though...
Posted by Mole, Mon Nov-01-10 12:55 PM
... I wasn't one of the people complaining about the pace of the season earlier, but I did expect things to get moving at this point and it still feels stalled. Maybe I just haven't connected with Dex-Lumen yet -- I'm much more interested in where the Quinn-Peter Weller stuff's going to go. But if that ends up with Dex conveniently getting out of a tight spot, with Quinn getting killed off a la Doakes, it's gonna feel unsatisfying. This show can really only sustain itself for one more season after this one, so they're gonna have to speed up the inevitable Dex v. Deb showdown.

That's another problem for me, too -- a lot of this stuff feels rehashed from previous seasons: a co-worker suspicious about Dexter; Dexter trying to balance fatherhood with his desire to kill; and now Dexter possibly having a murdering partner. Based on the tease of next week's episode, I feel like Comic Book Guy: Excuse me, I believe Dexter already HAD a partner, and we all saw how THAT turned out.

I do agree about Masuka; he always brings the goods. We really need a "Masuka After Dark" spinoff.