Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectSo what did we think about Episode 5 *SPOILERS*
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=22842&mesg_id=22988
22988, So what did we think about Episode 5 *SPOILERS*
Posted by SankofaII, Fri Nov-04-11 10:55 AM
aka Part II of The Halloween Episode?

After an additional watching, it was kinda meh.

Clearly, we get some exposition about Tate (were we *REALLY* surprised)

Constance drops a mini-bombshell (that you saw coming early on in the series)

Ben was thrown out

Hayden is still there...whiny as usual (but oh good GOT DAMN...did y'all see the part in the basement wheres she confronted Ben and said she was rotting from the inside AND SHE COUGHED UP HER DEAD FETUS?! Why did my friend text me on some: "WORD?! IF I NEED AN ABORTION, I'M GETTING MY DOCTOR TO GIVE ME THE ABORTION COUGH METHOD CAUSE I DON'T WANT MY PUSSY BEING DUG OUT AND SHIT" (I FUCKING DIED during that scene...

Honestly, I feel like the writers were at a standstill and just threw everything AND the kitchen sink *AND* the leftover bits of bacon grease AND the skillet the bacon was cooked in at the wall and prayed for it to all come together and it didn't.

like:

So Tate can't get it up? Was he scared? How is a ghost fucking a human girl?

What are the rules for ghosts? The ghosts in the house are lazily going back inside but the kids that Tate killed had to run because the sun came up?

Why the fuck haven't the Harmons figured OUT the house is fucked up and haunted?

Why didn't Tate remember he killed those kids?

Why was I laughing at the one with the glasses who couldn't talk (the makeup was scary as fuck but I just busted out laughing nonetheless)?

*Shout out to "Jenna Hamilton" (Ashley Rickards from MTV's AWKWARD, get into it if you haven't seen it yet. The show is actually good) for giving classic mean girls ghost cheeleader bitch in those scenes...she was fun.

So how long have the Harmon's been in the house? It's clear the timeline is nonlinear since in the promo for next week's show, Vivien is good and pregnant but in this week's ep...she barely 8-10 weeks along....weird.

I hope next week's ep picks up...because this week's was a bit of a letdown.