Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives (TV)
Topic subjectI remember that line...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=30&topic_id=22842&mesg_id=22950
22950, I remember that line...
Posted by Taye DiggumSmacks, Fri Oct-21-11 01:28 PM
...and I think I called BS on it when she said it. lol 'Cuz that's not fair to any of the men on the show, if they all they see is sexy, lusty Moira, and the women only see the true spirit.

But her comment does make some sense. Her appearance could be a manifestation of her anger. She was hurt by Constance's husband who saw her as a sexual object and tried to rape her. From that trauma, she believes all men see her as a sex toy, and her advancements towards Ben is her simply giving him what she thinks all men want.

And perhaps old Moira represents how she feels about herself after being attacked and then killed. Maybe this a play on a woman's insecurities, especially in situations of infidelity. On the inside, she feels ugly and abused from what happened to her, and she believes other women see her as such, looking at her in disgust for being a mistress. Constance, Vivien and Violet have all been touched by infidelity...

But if so, why does Constance still hate her? She seems to revel in her killing of Moira, and shows no remorse. Was there never a conversation between them concerning Moira being attacked? That makes me question whether Moira is as innocent now...

**Edit** I see above someone explained why Constance was still angry, because Moira did in fact sleep with the husband prior to getting raped.