Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectErykah Badu and Sonos - ‘Badubatron Radio’ - OKP swipe
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=191200
191200, Erykah Badu and Sonos - ‘Badubatron Radio’ - OKP swipe
Posted by c71, Tue Sep-28-21 03:54 PM
https://www.okayplayer.com/music/erykah-badu-badubatron-radio-sonos.html

Erykah Badu Is Taking Her Talents To Sonos, Announces ‘Badubatron Radio’

ROBYN MOWATT

Robyn Mowatt is a staff writer at Okayplayer.

Erykah Badu is taking her talents to Sonos where she’ll be curating a new station titled Badubatron Radio.

Per a press release, the station will “celebrate her 2021 live tour with tracks to help you unwind and expand your mind — from reggae lulla-vibes to induce relaxation to experimental R&B promoting exploration of the mind, body and soul.”

The station is one of 20 stations and shows that will reportedly be hitting Sonos in the coming months. This news comes as no surprise given Badu’s knack for curating distinct sounds. Who remembers when she DJ’d for a bit following her beloved Verzuz alongside Jill Scott? That was a moment that we won’t forget.

A few additional details on the forthcoming station:

“Erykah Badu’s Badubotron Radio blasts off as Badu takes you outta this world and into her sonic orbit. A space where music genres are stars and the galaxy is filled with psychedelic funk, retro soul, classic rock, spiritual jazz and experimental hip hop. A trip to Badu’s curated station will take your mind exactly where it needs to go.”

And here’s what Erykah Badu has to say about all of this: “WELL Listeners can expect whatever they please,” she said. “I just want them to feel something. Something new, something good, something unfamiliar, something triggering, something that inspires them to peace… Or war, or whatever they may need. Music makes me feel soooo great. There are billions and trillions of atomic memories in these notes. I curated this station especially for me… WITH you In mind, of course. I’m grateful. Push up the faderrrrrrrrrrrrr.”

Badubatron Radio will be available for Sonos subscribers in October. We can’t wait to see what Badu will share with the masses once the station officially launches.
191201, Erykah Badu Previews ‘BADUBOTRON’ Radio Show ’ - link to music
Posted by c71, Thu Oct-21-21 01:21 PM
https://www.okayplayer.com/music/listen-erykah-badu-previews-badubotron-sonos-radio-show-with-a-funk-fueled-mix-stream.html

Okayplayer

MUSIC

Erykah Badu Previews ‘BADUBOTRON’ Radio Show with a Funk-Fueled Mix

ZO

Zo is a staff writer at Okayplayer

Erykah Badu spins an hour-plus of deep funk, soul, jazz, and r&b, in the debut episode of her new Sonos Radio show.

Late last month, Erykah Badu announced she was joining Sonos Radio‘s prestigious roster of guest DJs and curators. And now, we’re finally being treated to the singer’s first batch of selections.

Today, the first episode of Badu’s aptly-titled BADUBOTRON radio show went live with an eclectic hour-plus set. In her debut sequence for Sonos, Badu spun deep funk, soul, jazz, and r&b, with crucial cuts from Sun Ra, Junie Morrison, Funkadelic, George Duke, Dionne Warwick, The Last Poets, Donny Hathaway, and more. The singer also told a few anecdotes about her creative process, including how she came up with the Baduizm standout, “Appletree.”

BADUBOTRON adds to a star-studded dial of channels curated by luminary musicians, including D’Angelo, M.I.A., Brian Eno, FKA twigs, and more.

Hear the first episode of Erykah Badu’s BADUBOTRON radio show below and scroll on for the full setlist.

Setlist:

Junie Morrison – “Super Spirit”

Donny Hathaway – “Jealous Guy”

Dionne Warwick – “You’re Gonna Need Me”

Tyler, The Creator featuring Lil Uzi Vert and Pharrell – “JUGGERNAUT”

Erykah Badu – “Appletree”

Funkadelic – “Mommy, What’s a Funkadelic?”

George Duke – “Movin’ On”

Tierra Whack – “Waze”

The Last Poets – “When The Revolution Comes”

Bob Marley – “Them Belly Full (But We Hungry)”

The Clovers – “The Rotten Cocksuckers Ball”

Kahil El’Zabar’s Ritual Trio featuring Lester Bowie – “The Ancestors Are Amongst Us”

Deerhoof – “Siriustar”

Sun Ra and His Arkestra – “Nuclear War”

Lonnie Holley – “Looking for All (All Rendered Truth)”

JaRon The Secret – “Kid Pulled Up In The City”

David Bendeth – “A Colorful Dream”

Erykah Badu – “Honey”