Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjecti'm glad you enjoyed the show
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=188533&mesg_id=188542
188542, i'm glad you enjoyed the show
Posted by howisya, Sun Aug-08-10 09:30 AM
i just found out about it last week and really wanted to go but balked at the ticket prices. it's a pity because in the last couple years i keep finding excuses not to see erykah, the roots, common, janelle, and B.o.B, so this would've been a great opportunity if it were affordable.

did the roots do anything from HIGO or RD? did common do anything from his upcoming album?

i think the whole "CP time"/"time is a white man's concept" bit is such a tremendous insult to mature, responsible black people and professionals in specific. furthermore, erykah is pushing 40 with at least 3 kids; it's time for her to grow up and respect the people who maintain her lifestyle. if she doesn't want to practice such a crazy thing as time, she can move to a village somewhere outside of america, as i'm sure she can afford to do it. if she wants to live in america and make american music for other americans, we believe in and value our time. the same goes for all other rude unprofessionals out there--mos def, i'm lookin' at you, buddy.

i think you're right about seasoned artists forgetting what it's like to be just a fan going to shows. i have to imagine that whenever they do go to shows they're on the side of or backstage or in the risers above the stage, etc., and are let in by the venue whenever they decide to come by, sold out show or not. i'm sure it's nice to be treated like a star all the time, but remember the rest of us.

cute dog, btw.