Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectRE: I posted this here for a reason
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=188533&mesg_id=188540
188540, RE: I posted this here for a reason
Posted by ya Setshego, Sun Aug-08-10 08:59 AM
I WANT her 2 read it. I know she is busy, but I'm HOPING word gets 2 her. She has people out here who REALLY love her, UNCONDITIONALLY. But don't abuse us, b/c of that love. Nor take it for granted.

As far as the steez/mentality, or whatever, I got it. That does not change the fact that these venues are controlled by Europeans, so yes, time IS indeed a European concept, but since we are meeting up with one another in THEIR house, per se, it's just common sense <pun intended> to try to operate w/in the parameters of house rules. Now if we were meeting up in the village on the Continent, sure, it would be no problem. The people will be there, so whenever she shows up, we'll see her. Things jump off when the people end up in the same space, at the same time. Got that too, but there is money involved here, and not small amounts of it either, for those of us going to multiple shows and whatnot, like Deadheads.

Anyway, she is not alone. The Roots have done this before too, and I did not like it. I was really angry, because it was just uncalled for, but that concert was free(B-More Afram). they DID leave us out in the sweltering heat on our feet for a RIDICULOUSLY long time. I mean, people brought their babies out to see them and everything. I don't know if Artists remember what it's like from a fan's vantage point. It's SERIOUS to us. It's like memorable moments in our lives to come out and vibe w/ them for a couple of hours. It's a RELATIONSHIP. Like I said before. Nobody wants to be in a relationship with someone you really love, and are even willing to make financial and temporal sacrifices for, who does not respect you.

On a positive note though I'll write the following regarding last night's show:

1. The Roots need to make a concert video, like Prince's Sign O' The Times. CDs are too small of a format 2 convey what they do effectively. U need to SEE it and HEAR it, simultaneously, 2 really get the full picture.
2. I LOVE Captain Kirk's hair. I miss the days of having a wash-and-wear afro. His hair is a cross between an uneven crown, Don King, Einstein, Cornell West, and maybe Frederick Douglass for good measure. It's crazy, and I really love it! LOL!
3. Loved Erykah's gold mohawk, w/ matching outfit. True Queen Steel-o. Gotta love it.
4. I wish Erykah had done Twinkle, and Telephone. I have not heard Telephone live yet, and keep hoping that I will.
5. Common and Erykah on stage 2gether 4 Love of My Life-made me wish they would just go on and get back 2gether, get married and make a few hip hop neo-soul babies. Their synergistic Energy is just incredible.

Oh, and I guess this is not positive necessarily, but I REALLY miss Hub. I know the Roots rock on regardless, and one monkey don't stop no show, but I miss him. It's just not the same w/o him. I love them regardless, but still...