Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjecthow'd blu end up on the roots album?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=188429
188429, how'd blu end up on the roots album?
Posted by zildjianfighter, Tue Jul-13-10 01:17 AM
I only ask cause about a year ago I used geek/fan boy out and chat to Owen and Kirk on facebook chat. talk about loop pedals with Kirk or royksop with Owen. and one night I introduced Kirk Douglas to blu via facebook chat via YouTube links of blu & exile.
he said he hadnt heard it before, still never mentioned it again.
but when I heard blu's verses on the album; I had some lofty thoughts that maybe I had a part in the colab.

anyone know the real story?
188435, i have no idea, but i am glad he did
Posted by las raises, Thu Jul-15-10 12:41 AM
188438, No Idea
Posted by josephmurf2384, Thu Jul-15-10 11:39 AM
But i would love to hear a full collab album just like they are doing with John Legend. He kills the tracks he is on.
188442, he felt so natural i didn't even click until my 3rd listen
Posted by zildjianfighter, Thu Jul-15-10 06:55 PM
i've listened to below the heavens in amongst the roots in the same settings so many times, hearing them together didn't even stick out until i was on my 3rd listen of the album and was like WaitTF!
had to check the liners just to be sure.
sure enough.

how well i felt they sat together is why i was so keen for kirk to check him out.

i met blu and exile both last year. red bull brought them out to brisbane, after the show, i told blu i'd do whatever i could to help spread the word about him.
he looked at me like i was talking shit. maybe he thought i was gonna hand him my own demo and ask him to do the same for me :P

still it'd be nice to know if i actually came good on my word.
188449, wouldn't liner notes be perfect for this?!
Posted by rons1ne, Tue Jul-20-10 04:09 PM
ha.
188453, yes they would, but where would one find such a thing
Posted by las raises, Wed Jul-21-10 12:16 PM
lol
188455, what happened to that post about ask a ? on twitter
Posted by zildjianfighter, Thu Jul-22-10 12:04 AM
and it would get answered in the liner notes.