Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectol dirty bastard interupts the roots on stage
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=188393
188393, ol dirty bastard interupts the roots on stage
Posted by ReD POet, Thu Jul-08-10 06:31 PM
does anybody have this footage?
188397, RE: ol dirty bastard interupts the roots on stage
Posted by spearman, Fri Jul-09-10 06:11 PM
the fuck are you talking about? you mean when he jumped on stage in 98 after wu didn't win best album? talking about "i went and bought me a suit today that costed me a lot of money...wu tang is for the children...puffy is good but wu tang is the best! i love you all!"

if so, he didn't interrupt the roots. i think badu was a presenter though. that was a long ass time ago...the shits got to be on youtube though. just search ol dirty grammy's.

and for the record-not to be biased or anything like that, but it's a fucking shame wu didn't win best album that year.
188401, RE: ol dirty bastard interupts the roots on stage
Posted by ReD POet, Fri Jul-09-10 09:30 PM
first of all when you start with what the fuck are talking about ends it right there go fuck yourself
188402, RE: ol dirty bastard interupts the roots on stage
Posted by ReD POet, Fri Jul-09-10 09:34 PM
no dumb ass i see you are new to the roots like many others you fuckin moron it was a concert in new york on mtv next time you reply someone think first you fuckin retard
188407, RE: ol dirty bastard interupts the roots on stage
Posted by spearman, Sat Jul-10-10 08:47 AM
"go fuck yourself", "dumb ass", "fucking moron", "fucking retard"...

lol-good shit. additionally, "obviously new to the roots..." haha.

eh-i'm too old to do the internet fight thing or to argue about who's the bigger roots fan. you can hold those titles.

anyway, i tried to google what ever you're talking about and found one brief reference to it...back in 96. evidently thought and ason got into a scuffle after dirt was invited on stage by the roots but refused to give the mic up. if there was a video out there of thought and odb getting into it, i'm sure it would have surfaced long ago.

now go eat some xanax and chill the fuck out! peace!
188410, RE: ol dirty bastard interupts the roots on stage
Posted by ReD POet, Sat Jul-10-10 03:43 PM
there wasn't a scuffle old d b just got on stage with out permission he has done this to other artist as well (knocking the turntables down during a red and meth show) you are the one who disrespected me first my friend
188413, RE: ol dirty bastard interupts the roots on stage
Posted by spearman, Sun Jul-11-10 07:53 AM
haha-that wasn't disrespect. you're just the sensitive type. it would probably be a bad idea for us to hang out in real life. you might shoot me.

i found one site that talked about the incident and had links to the footage but the ones with dirt didn't work for me. maybe they took them down out of respect since he passed or they just plain don't work for me. but yeah, here's the link.

http://www.indiesent.com/cris/rroom.shtml
188427, RE: ol dirty bastard interupts the roots on stage
Posted by ReD POet, Mon Jul-12-10 08:15 PM
lol i just don't like people to start with what the fuck are you talking about you must be italian ha ha
188418, ^^^Loud & Wrong
Posted by Bruce Belafonte, Mon Jul-12-10 05:46 AM
188405, so uh , how recent is this
Posted by joseph, Sat Jul-10-10 12:17 AM
calmate
188474, r
Posted by Justin_Maldonado_7, Mon Jul-26-10 12:30 AM
I remember quest talking about it on OKP...

not sure about video..i was looking for this about 10 years ago...if u find it share....

188490, RE: ol dirty bastard interupts the roots on stage
Posted by calehawkins, Fri Jul-30-10 12:07 AM
Probably not footage but this might help:

http://www.indiesent.com/oldbro.shtml