Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectHow much is Aaron making off of that ignorance?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=188205
188205, How much is Aaron making off of that ignorance?
Posted by Bruce Belafonte, Sun Jun-20-10 01:09 AM
I sure hope it's worth it to him. I tossed my boondocks books in the trash. I don't EVEN want my son turning into a fan now.
188206, RE: How much is Aaron making off of that ignorance?
Posted by coaster, Sun Jun-20-10 03:35 AM
you don't get it.
188209, RE: How much is Aaron making off of that ignorance?
Posted by jmaestro, Sun Jun-20-10 05:38 PM
^
188218, zzzzzzzzzzz
Posted by Bruce Belafonte, Mon Jun-21-10 02:32 AM
the sound of pleas copped.

yeah i get it. i see his aim but that doesn't mean he's hitting the target. he's way the fuck off. if you laugh at the little kids saying nigger and bitch constantly YOU (and the frat boys posse'd up to watch once a week to quote and laugh at it) don't get it. it's obviously not serving its intended purpose.

that road to hell is paved with good intentions.
188216, I keep my books cuz that's the only proof i have
Posted by Damali, Sun Jun-20-10 11:10 PM
that Aaron MacGruder actually had something meaningful to say at some point.

d

"True genius is the person who is most like himself" - Thelonius Monk
188219, Chappelle knew when he was being played. Acted accordingly
Posted by Bruce Belafonte, Mon Jun-21-10 02:36 AM
and for that he has so much of my respect you have no idea. yeah i know the cop out respect don't pay bills or something similar. so what. money is not everything. i'm not going to fuck my people for money i don't care how much it is. slaves have a price.

Aaron's comic strip was and is a MAJOR inspiration for me. i used to try to get my whole family to check it out. now. yeah right. it's so overboard.

I feel like I did when I heard Young Buck crying on the phone sounding dumb. When I actually saw snippests of chappelle season 3. the first time i got called a nigger. a little part of me died. aaron mcgruder was holding the gun this time.

I WAS A FAN! I LOVDED YOU FOR THAT. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?

WHAT ABOUT THE BABY? lol
188225, word. I love me some Dave.
Posted by Damali, Mon Jun-21-10 10:01 AM

>Aaron's comic strip was and is a MAJOR inspiration for me. i
>used to try to get my whole family to check it out. now. yeah
>right. it's so overboard.

>I feel like I did when I heard Young Buck crying on the phone
>sounding dumb. When I actually saw snippests of chappelle
>season 3. the first time i got called a nigger. a little part
>of me died. aaron mcgruder was holding the gun this time.

I'm feeling you on all of this but then this begs the question: Do you still use the n-word in your daily language? if so, why?

d

"True genius is the person who is most like himself" - Thelonius Monk
188255, i sure don't
Posted by Bruce Belafonte, Tue Jun-22-10 09:19 AM
188282, cool
Posted by Damali, Thu Jun-24-10 09:31 AM

<------- TheLoneliest Monk
188370, u a damn lie
Posted by loki2stunt, Mon Jul-05-10 03:43 PM
188295, RE: I keep my books cuz that's the only proof i have
Posted by rose113, Fri Jun-25-10 04:44 PM
Yeah, exactly, the books remind me why I liked the Boondocks!
188257, What are we speaking of?
Posted by Brew, Tue Jun-22-10 11:10 AM
I don't follow Aaron MacGruder very much but am intrigued by what you're talking about?
188268, The TV Show on cartoon network with all the niggas and bitches.
Posted by Bruce Belafonte, Tue Jun-22-10 11:23 PM
you know how many late nights i was up and only watched nick at night because it was the same channel as nickelodeon and that's all i know.
188296, RE: The TV Show on cartoon network with all the niggas and bitches.
Posted by coaster, Fri Jun-25-10 07:19 PM
Dude is not accountable to you or your narrow perspective. How do you speak the truth about the world without a realistic context? And don't even say its unrealistic. I hear shit way more fucked up than anything coming out any of those character's mouths everyday. And from kids too, hell yes. It's the world we live in, fucked up or not.

You'll never hear the truth if you can't let go of your preconceptions as to what the truth should sound like. Because its not gonna sound like you want it to. And he's no bitch either - he just has to be more subtle with his messages than before. It's a game that must be played.

This is all assumption and speculation of course. I probably don't know shit. Just what I believe bc I'm still getting a lot out of it.
188387, RE: The TV Show on cartoon network with all the niggas and bitches.
Posted by moonsatellite, Thu Jul-08-10 08:46 AM
"Dude is not accountable to you or your narrow perspective. How do you speak the truth about the world without a realistic context? And don't even say its unrealistic. I hear shit way more fucked up than anything coming out any of those character's mouths everyday. And from kids too, hell yes. It's the world we live in, fucked up or not.

You'll never hear the truth if you can't let go of your preconceptions as to what the truth should sound like. Because its not gonna sound like you want it to. And he's no bitch either - he just has to be more subtle with his messages than before. It's a game that must be played.

This is all assumption and speculation of course. I probably don't know shit. Just what I believe bc I'm still getting a lot out of it."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you should move to a white community, ignore the TV for 6 months, then watch "The Boondocks" with your new neighbors and "friends". then recall the theory you just posed and see if it holds up.
188417, my narrow view? every child didn't call each other nigger 20 years ago
Posted by Bruce Belafonte, Mon Jul-12-10 05:43 AM
only reason they do is because of these big companies giving a bunch of stupid blacks money to dance around and yell nigger at each other til you can't help but say it too.

yall are simple. that shit is not realistic in any way. he takes realistic shit and that needs to be talked about and makes it into a fucking joke so no one can take it serious.

the boondocks was better and popular without all that nonsense. do you think the niggers and bitches made the show better or the "message" stand out more? miss me with your rationalization of stupidity.
188310, i thought the MLK ep was brilliant. the focus on Riley eff'ed it all up.
Posted by FortifiedLive, Sun Jun-27-10 08:09 PM
188330, a.k.a the Steve Urkel/ JJ/ Arnold Effect
Posted by Damali, Tue Jun-29-10 12:38 PM
switching up the focus of a TV show away from its ensemble cast to respond to the popularity of a single character is generally a bad idea.

d

<------- TheLoneliest Monk
188416, that's every ep i've seen. if you take a vitamin and cover it in shit.
Posted by Bruce Belafonte, Mon Jul-12-10 05:41 AM
IT'S NOT A FUCKING VITAMIN ANYMORE!