Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectHOW I GOT OVER LINER NOTES.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=188012
188012, HOW I GOT OVER LINER NOTES.
Posted by 15, Sun May-23-10 02:19 PM
ok.
always wanting to try new ideas for the inescapable monkey on the back (why lord WHY did i set this precedent?!?!?)

go to http://twitter.com/okayplayer on twitter and ask a question. if chosen ill include it in the liner notes.

im choosing this approach because obviously there are now 2 fan bases to deal with---really 3 if you count my twitter account---the other 2 being here and the fallon crop.

of course you guys being the loveable grumps you are (aren't we all?)---im sure it will make you more frustrated if i had to basically resort to liner notes 101 to catch the new 8th graders up to your college level (this is the reality we are dealing with....some know us cause they been here since day one....some are here because they love the glee spoof....

*shrug*

it is what it is....and similar to an expectant parent with an non understanding sibling who is NONE to happy to welcome their new brother/sister in the house. im trying to find a way to please both fan bases.

i mean yall dont gotta live in the same house (i see this more like the new fan base is some of joe jackson's love children suddenly showing up at the encino gates)---i try to keep yall separated for the most parts (i failed the first time i tried to bring em here for walkon suggestions and The Lesson browbeat em something awful)---lesson learned:

okayplayers love music

fallon fans think we are "cool" and are slowly realizing we had a fruitful 18 years before we set foot in 30 Rock.

i need both of you guys to support this album.

anywho...this might be the longest post ive written in a second.

bottom line.

you twitter @okayplayer a question

ill answer it.

and it could make the liner notes*

*def jam payment plan might have limited spacing for paper. in a perfect world id love to do 100 ?uestions.

could be that.

or 10.....

whatever the case.

let's go!

(do NOT ask question here---again @okayplayer is where you start)

188034, RE: HOW I GOT OVER LINER NOTES.
Posted by desmondo66, Fri May-28-10 04:24 AM
Thanks for this but it would be nice to hear a few more bits of the album so we can ask informed questions ;-)

I know, I know - lolol
188118, RE: HOW I GOT OVER LINER NOTES.
Posted by themishnyc, Sat Jun-12-10 11:28 AM
If Def Jam Left Behind only gives you a few pages, please use them for liner notes, not lyrics. That was disappointing on the last album: we don't need the lyrics written out - they're already on the album, and we can hear them nice and clear - so it was a bit frustrating to find them, rather than the far-more-entertaining liner notes in the booklet. Please don't create any more reasons for people to not pay for the album.
188124, RE: HOW I GOT OVER LINER NOTES.
Posted by KLAP215, Mon Jun-14-10 12:21 AM
Lyrics wern't wriitin out on "Rising Down".... u talkin bout "Game Theory"
188244, Def Jam messed it up!
Posted by KLAP215, Mon Jun-21-10 07:02 PM
Just bought How I got over and the is...................................... NO LINER NOTES!
188277, RE: Def Jam messed it up!
Posted by rather unique, Wed Jun-23-10 11:44 AM
i was looking forward to notes, but not expecting them. Def Jam suuuuuucks

good thing they got the Jimmy machine. i'm expecting good numbers the cd speaks for itself
188301, RE: HOW I GOT OVER LINER NOTES.
Posted by sauld420, Sat Jun-26-10 07:37 AM
I just wanted to say Now or Never made my day week year decade. Just when i start to lose interest in music, life in general....you guys bring me back. Thank you.
188304, RE: HOW I GOT OVER LINER NOTES.
Posted by KLAP215, Sat Jun-26-10 10:27 PM
Classic track.... So glad I did What MALIK still hasn't down... HIGO is a masterpiece!!!!!!!
188305, so you have to buy the album through itunes to get the liner notes?
Posted by buckshot_ledrumme, Sun Jun-27-10 09:04 AM
#fail
188306, RE: so you have to buy the album through itunes to get the liner notes?
Posted by mdplayer, Sun Jun-27-10 04:37 PM
>#fail

If that's true - I'm pissed. I hate iTunes, and avoid buying from them at all costs. I'd much rather have the physical CD.

Also, anyone know why (in iTunes) when I try to change the Artist from "The Roots Feat. XXX" to "The Roots" and put the "Feat. XXX" after the Song Title, it comes up as "Unknown album"? I did a group change, and everything is the same, but the songs that have features are now classified as an unknown album and no album art?
188308, RE: so you have to buy the album through itunes to get the liner notes?
Posted by mdplayer, Sun Jun-27-10 05:52 PM
>Also, anyone know why (in iTunes) when I try to change the
>Artist from "The Roots Feat. XXX" to "The Roots" and put the
>"Feat. XXX" after the Song Title, it comes up as "Unknown
>album"? I did a group change, and everything is the same, but
>the songs that have features are now classified as an unknown
>album and no album art?

Ok, I figured it out - apparently, you have to modify the titles before you import the CD.
188317, RE: so you have to buy the album through itunes to get the liner notes?
Posted by PierreOrdinaire, Mon Jun-28-10 07:01 PM
You can also highlight all the song titles, right click on go to song info. Type in the Roots for album artist and you're good to go.
188325, RE: so you have to buy the album through itunes to get the liner notes?
Posted by mdplayer, Tue Jun-29-10 12:26 AM
>You can also highlight all the song titles, right click on go
>to song info. Type in the Roots for album artist and you're
>good to go.

Just an FYI (if anyone runs across this problem), but I tried that multiple times (as I've had to do that for a lot of other albums in the past), but for some reason, the songs with features were coming up as "Unknown Album". It only worked when I changed the information before importing the CD into iTunes.