Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectQuestion about the Roots upcoming shows (potential)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=187880
187880, Question about the Roots upcoming shows (potential)
Posted by Russe, Tue Apr-20-10 12:08 PM
Howdy senors and senorettes.

Just wondering if there is any posted information about the Deuce Stick and Dynamite deciding to do some shows this spring/summer.

I just received an email saying they will be playing in Toronto at the end of June.

JUNE 29 - TORONTO
Toronto Star Stage / Nathan Phillips Square

Is there more information out there yet? I'd like to know if they plan to come to Vancouver and whether or not that show will entitle those who came out to see them at the show that was thunderstorm'd out last summer. Virgin Music Fest said they would honour ticket holders and let them see another show so long as the fans keep their ticket stubs. It's been a year and we haven't heard anything.

Also, will the roots be playing the Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland? It's been 5 years....go BACK!!!!

peace and thanks
187884, RE: Question about the Roots upcoming shows (potential)
Posted by bricks_, Tue Apr-20-10 01:06 PM
I got that email this morning too. I found this on the Def Jam website. Looks like the roots are hitting up a couple venues in Canada but no Vancouver. I for one will definitely be at the Toronto show. Anyone get a TD Bank promo code to get tickets on the cheap??

Jun 26, 2010
BESSBOROUGH GARDENS
SASKATOON
Notes: 24th Annual SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival

Jun 27, 2010
MACEWAN HALL
CALGARY
Notes:

Jun 28, 2010
PANTAGES PLAYHOUSE THEATRE
WINNIPEG
Notes: 2010 TD Winnipeg International Jazz Festival

Jun 29, 2010
FESTIVAL MAINSTAGE MARQUEE
TORONTO
Notes: 2010 TD Canada Trust Toronto Jazz Festival

Jun 30, 2010
METROPOLIS
MONTREAL, QC
Notes: The Festival International de Jazz de Montreal 2010

Jul 1, 2010
SUMMERFEST
MILWAUKEE, WI
187893, RE: Question about the Roots upcoming shows (potential)
Posted by PHLYHigH, Thu Apr-22-10 12:37 PM
You made my day right there. I've been wondering when they would hit the Montreal jazz fest again, it's been a couple years. Hope everything works out and is confirmed soon.