Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectOkayplayers European tour... wtf?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=187408&mesg_id=187408
187408, Okayplayers European tour... wtf?
Posted by High Chief, Fri Feb-19-10 12:08 PM
Listening to new rap in europe is not easy! You don't get too much information about your favourite artists, if you don't read at least 3 or 4 times 2-6 US blogs a week. I personally just don't have the time to.

But what keeps fuckin me up more is that almost NONE of the okayplayer artists (except the roots) come to europe more than once a year. And If they come to europe they mostly just visit 3 cities. London, Berlin, Amsterdam. YO! There some more cities in europe.

From time to time some artists gets lost in other places. Last Sunday talib kweli came to munich for example – the first time in 5 years! And exactly like the last time - There was absolutely no promo for the concert.

I just read that Jay Electronica is in Europe these days! London, Amsterdam and Berlin. Why not try some other places?
Mos Def came to Berlin once, Erykah's last time was like 3 or 4 years ago, Common's last time too... You serious?

More tourdates in europe = more people listen to your music = more promo.
Think about it, I'm waitin'.