Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectMF DOOM AND MOS DEF NYC DATE RESCHEDULED! 2/26
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=187246
187246, MF DOOM AND MOS DEF NYC DATE RESCHEDULED! 2/26
Posted by punchfunklove, Sat Jan-30-10 09:40 AM
Tonight was suppose to be the greatest show of life, but it was changed to FEB 26th due to 'conflicting dates'

Is anyone else hittin' this show up?
MF DOOM and MOS DEF are going to be the sickest duo live.
187307, Why are the tix $180....fuk them niggas
Posted by sersey, Sat Feb-06-10 10:27 AM
187309, tix are $40 actually...
Posted by HighVoltage, Sat Feb-06-10 02:23 PM
not sure what you're smokin
187311, RE: tix are $40 actually...
Posted by sersey, Sat Feb-06-10 07:52 PM
Not smoking........just reading.

http://www.stubhub.com/mos-def-tickets/doom-featuring-mos-def-new-york-nokia-times-square-2-26-2010-932730/?cjpub=cj-2632968&isGen2Event=1
187313, ticketmaster
Posted by HighVoltage, Sun Feb-07-10 01:33 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0000435DE5267A2B?artistid=726707&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60
187366, RE: ticketmaster
Posted by Raja2837, Sun Feb-14-10 02:51 AM
Worst show I have ever been to. Show was at 8 mos def got on about 12:20 with the weakest set list. And then doom was pretty much booed off by 1:20 with people saying it wasn't really doom. Bottles being thrown on stage all night. Bogus.
187368, AHAHAAAA!! CHICAGO STAND UP!!!! nm
Posted by DVS, Sun Feb-14-10 04:34 AM
187367, Man...whoever goes to this show is an idiot
Posted by DVS, Sun Feb-14-10 04:32 AM
unless you walk in expecting hijinks and are willing to throw your dough to the winds.

Per reports...you can count on two things.

1. Dante will be LATE as hell.
2. Doom will be an impostor.

If y'all do go...please promise to post full concert reviews so I can chuckle at your expense.

D
187369, RE: Man...whoever goes to this show is an idiot
Posted by avillago, Sun Feb-14-10 11:00 AM
Terrible show...glad I sat in the balcony...I felt so sorry for the thousands standing downstairs in the standing room area.

Show kicked off at 8pm with many wack opening acts (sort of common at hip hop shows these days)...save for Mike Relm who was sort of entertaining as he was nice on the 1s and 2s with a creative video mix as well.

About 11:30 or midnight...Mos finally came out and it started out promising. He came out in a Doom mask with rhinestones all over it and with a chinese-styled robe over a shirt and tie. He came out and started by performing Doom songs like "Accordian", "Hoe Cakes", and "Curls"...performed in the Doom mask.

Then he went into way too many joints from "The Ecstatic" album. Don't get me wrong...I dig the album, but it does not translate well live...they don't sound good live at all...probably sounds better with a backup band and not just a DJ spinning the instrumental. It came off boring.

Anyways...a lot of off key and poor singing by Mos, chatting about nonsense, people booing Mos, people throwing shit onstage...obviously pissed off...no "Ms. Fat Booty", no "Umi Says", no Reflection Eternal joints, no vintage Mos Def songs at all. He did most of the new album and not even the best songs on there.

He then put the Doom mask back on and went into Doom's "All Caps". Then mid-song...out comes some homeless looking hypeman and MF Doom...or is it?

Obviously lip-singing or lip-rapping and looking way too short and overly energized (I seen the real Doom perform a few years back and he is not that animated on stage). IMPOSTER!!! It is even more wack that Mos agreed to be on stage with this bullshit. After awhile, Mos just walked off the stage without a word to the crowd. Then for about a half hour more...we got treated to a Karaoke session of lesser known Doom songs...no Madvillian songs at all. Then off of a sudden...random song ends and they walk off stage...no peace, no good bye Chicago...lights come up...show over...WTF?!?!?!?!

Terrible!!! People started throwing shit on stage...I thought folks would riot...everyone came out pissed like...did we just pay for that??? I will never go to a Doom show or see even Mos again for that matter...because of this BS...waist of my recession $.

If you planned on seeing this show...DON'T GO!!!

End of rant...
187439, Boycott MosDoom
Posted by kdarkwa, Tue Feb-23-10 12:23 PM
What up peoples!!!

I am pleading with all my Tornoto and NYC peoples to boycott the upcoming MOSDOOM concerts coming up at the end of this week. Do not become another Doompster victim. The only way these artists are going to learn is if we hit them in pockets!!! Its bad enough Mos has associated himself with this nonsense.

Don't get fooled like Chicago!!!

Here is a link to the official Boycott DOOM FACEBOOK group....

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=321909516840&ref=mf#!/group.php?gid=321909516840