Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectimo
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=187022&mesg_id=187328
187328, imo
Posted by Anonymous, Wed Feb-10-10 08:56 AM
Driving Me Wild
I Want You
Southside and
Break My Heart

are just not good songs.

The People and The Game are favorites.
U, Black Maybe is pretty good
So Far To Go is a favorite but heard it before so it didn't really add to the album
Misunderstood and Forever begins are also good

Start The Show is just whatever and honestly your opening track can't be whatever in my opinion so that is a knock.

I don't know why we're adding the Intro in any category, 1:17 of sound which is fine but it doesn't add anything to the album.

overall, this album is just kind of boring, even the tracks I like.

and if you look at the track listing and my opinions above, I skip to The People, the skip 3 tracks to The Game, play through U, Black Maybe and So Far To Go then skip again over that awful Break My Heart to listen to the last two tracks.

all that said, other than The Game and The People nothing *grabs* me on this album. some of those other tracks I listed as good are good in the context of an album, but with this many skips, the album loses it's form.

not a terrible album but nowhere close to the level of Resurrection, One Day or LWFC and definitely can't be played through like Be can. so therefore you for you have Common giving you his first album where you have to heavily use the skip button and when you take that kind of drop off from previous albums, you have to expect his fans to take a disliking to the album.

only thing that help this album is the fact that he dropped UMC after it.