Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectRE: ERYKAH PLEASE READ- GREAT PERFORMANCE AT H.O.B., BUT FANS TREATED HORRIBLY!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=185788&mesg_id=185804
185804, RE: ERYKAH PLEASE READ- GREAT PERFORMANCE AT H.O.B., BUT FANS TREATED HORRIBLY!!
Posted by blockonlock, Sun Aug-09-09 08:49 AM
That's a shame what happened to you guys. No one should be told to sit at a concert of Badu's caliber. I have ran into the same problem when she came to Baltimore last year. The audience as a whole stood up for THEIR favorite songs (ie: On & On, Bag Lady, Tyrone) as did myself, but when it came to the stuff I really wanted to stand and dance to (ie: Twinkle, Soldier, Back in the Day and any of the new stuff) I got complaints from the security guard that the people behind me wanted me to sit down. I made me so upset that it almost ruined the show for me. I have found that when you're sitting far away or off to the sides, people generally tend to sit. The best way to enjoy the concert is to just get the expensive tickets and enjoy yourself with the die-hards who are too busy dancing and singing along to care about the people around them.

Luckily no one told me to sit last night in DC. That was a first. And she didn't do a full set due to the acts before her performing for so long and the 11-11:30 cut off time.