Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectPosting Videos Of The Roots' Performances
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=185773
185773, Posting Videos Of The Roots' Performances
Posted by MapleHutt, Fri Aug-07-09 04:29 AM
I know it's been discussed in the past but I couldn't find a thread related to it.

I know ?uest is wary of having too many videos posted, especially of the current concert tour as it will encourage people to just watch it all online and not bother with the live show, BUT are there any exceptions?

I badly want to post up my video of "Thought @ Work" from the Kitchener CEMF show, but I wouldn't want to do it without the permission of the band. I know HighVoltage posts a lot of videos and I think I remember him mentioning that he only posts videos that are from concerts that are at least 2 years old.

I've been trying to just upload it to my Facebook and keep the video relatively private, but Facebook keeps freezing on me halfway through the upload process and it's getting extremely frustrating!

Thanks,
185779, RE: Posting Videos Of The Roots' Performances
Posted by ReD POet, Fri Aug-07-09 11:32 AM
you tube
185785, RE: Posting Videos Of The Roots' Performances
Posted by Jeremywww, Fri Aug-07-09 03:17 PM
As long as it is not with a professional camera I would not worry about it. Watching a Youtube video from a crappy digital camera will never take the place of seeing them live.