Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectHow many Drumkits ?uest got now?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=185686
185686, How many Drumkits ?uest got now?
Posted by JUSTICE, Fri Jul-31-09 03:11 PM
I'm wondering

I'm also guessing the Fallon kit belongs to NBC?
185702, RE: How many Drumkits ?uest got now?
Posted by allison, Sun Aug-02-09 03:24 PM

>I'm also guessing the Fallon kit belongs to NBC?

i'm guessing its his

we will never know until ?uesto shows up in this post ;)
185703, its a lil different than "i own this set"
Posted by 15, Sun Aug-02-09 08:28 PM
once you become a endorsee every yahmaha kit is yours.
tech will call local rental spot (every city has a S.I.R. or equal to it)
and instead of paying the "rental fee" ($500) they forgo it and just charge for shipping and set up fee ($100) that's basically the perks of being an endorsee

company you with provides instruments to a instrument rental spot.

most musicians and promotors use these companies to provide instruments and soundboards and lights and stuff for shows, parties, banquets and concerts

if you endorse a company then said company makes sure that you aren't charged a fee for rentals.

so 99% of the time every set you see me on comes from a rental spot.

yah makes me 2 kits a year. so i guess somewhere in this world there are about 20+ sets lying around with my name on em. some in storage. some get used by whatever band i adopt at the moment (i guess elevator fight is using my kit now) its not i go home and say "imma play my drum set right now" ---i mean i got 4 kits at studio i use for album--guess im just saying once you become an endorsee you lose count?

yahmaha owns the fallon set.

that is the 5th yahmaha set ever made. came straight from the museum in japan---i have NO clue as to why they trust me so much with a priceless relic. im nervous (they asked the green tape for iranian justice/solidarity i had on there a month ago be move as to not ruin the precious finish. they are building me this "phoenix" kit which takes about 7 months to make (wood is a certain cut) im still waiting.
185712, we call S.I.R. "Sorry I Rented" years ago you played Great American in SF
Posted by JUSTICE, Mon Aug-03-09 05:02 PM
and KMack recognized me on the street and goes "Yo JUSTICE! I need your help!" I ended up loading in a Non Yamaha out of the hotel's shuttle bus (I think) and him not realizing it til I started setting up, which I had no idea what I was doing as I'm a stage tech and not a backline dude. Then I had to miss the show cause I had a paper due the next morning.

Thanks for the answer. I guess the only gear that travels are the Axes and the sousaphone? I seen your rider and the keys and amps are always rerents. No? must be nice!
185713, So no more Pawn Shop sets?
Posted by Key, Mon Aug-03-09 08:19 PM
Movin up in the world eh?
185717, well now we know....
Posted by allison, Mon Aug-03-09 09:54 PM

keep us poasted ;) on this...sounds like a gem

>they are building me this "phoenix" kit which takes about 7 months to make (wood is a certain cut) im still waiting.

185949, what I wanna know is!...
Posted by ReZilYaVic, Thu Aug-20-09 12:25 PM
why hasn't yamaha made you your own signature snaredrum?? Steve Jordan has one...! You are up there with him in my opinion so why not? or is there allready something in the making?
185958, RE: what I wanna know is!...
Posted by desmondo66, Fri Aug-21-09 06:16 AM
good call