Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectThe Roots, The Roots, The Roots Are On Fire....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=185614
185614, The Roots, The Roots, The Roots Are On Fire....
Posted by porkchop526, Sun Jul-26-09 12:37 AM
they don't need no dj let that mother@#%@ burn!

In the mighty words of Doug E. Fresh during The Roots massacre at the Borgata in Atlantic City. WOW... what a show. I don't get tired of seeing these dudes, and its been a bunch of times, but they just keep getting better and better. What was dope about this set is that it was almost a combo of the Hip Hop Honors Show where Thought and Skillz blaze through old school joints for like a half hour, and then they combine some of the Game Theory tour. How I Got Over is sooo over at the show. Its hard to explain how crazy the reaction is as people were going ape nuts!! After a killa version of You Got Me with a bunch of covers in the middle follow by The Next Movement,the show would have been dope if ended right there. But then Dougie Fresh comes out and this dude just has ultimate stage presence and charisma. It was a treat to seem him do The Show, especially after having a version The Roots did way back with Razhel. And then.... Thought covering La Di Da Di while Fresh was doing the beat- magical! If u you are the New York area, which I am, its worth the drive! Just think I might have to make that drive again for they next show out there! Wish I could have stayed for the Quest DJ gig but it was super crowded and NY is not around the block. Maybe next time....

Thanks Roots Crew!!
185637, The Roots have never disappointed me live...
Posted by Midtown Records, Tue Jul-28-09 08:33 AM
I wish I could make the trip up from Baltimore but the hospital cut my hours to 25 a week and my transmission went up.
185685, RE: The Roots have never disappointed me live...
Posted by porkchop526, Fri Jul-31-09 02:47 PM
Sorry man, sounds like a really bad week- you need a concert!

Does anyone know when the next Roots show at the Borgata will be, or even who the next special guest would be?
185687, Sept. 4th is the next one... no word on the guest yet
Posted by HighVoltage, Fri Jul-31-09 04:19 PM
185689, RE: Sept. 4th is the next one... no word on the guest yet
Posted by porkchop526, Fri Jul-31-09 11:52 PM
Thanks!
185693, i wish i could go
Posted by las raises, Sat Aug-01-09 12:34 PM